The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Do I need to have the Freshers Wristband to attend Freshers Week events?

kill me
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by LibertyMan
Hi, my college is asking me to buy a Wristband that will let me access all Freshers Week events, but it costs too much (£60), can I attend some events according to my taste and pay for them separatley?

Which college? Also, my experience from last year was that college offered financial assistance for the wristband if you enquired.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
For Hilde Bede you can come till 8pm without one. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Supersaps

What do you mean?
Original post by Madhog
What do you mean?

You can attend events in Freshers week up until 8pm.
Reply 5
You can attend events in Freshers week up until 8pm.

Ah, that's good then, I'm in the same position as the OP in that I couldn't afford the wristband. Do you think I'd be able to buy one when I get over there? How did you find out this information? Thanks!
Original post by Madhog
Ah, that's good then, I'm in the same position as the OP in that I couldn't afford the wristband. Do you think I'd be able to buy one when I get over there? How did you find out this information? Thanks!

It was in the freshers pack that I still haven't filled anything in for, yet.
Reply 7
Original post by Madhog

Lets gatecrash together then! Even though Im not in HB haha. What course are you then?
Reply 8
Original post by LibertyMan
Lets gatecrash together then! Even though Im not in HB haha. What course are you then?

Politics, you?
Reply 9
Physics
Reply 10
There's little point asking other prospectives freshers for advice on this...

I asked above which college you were in because it will vary for each one and the only way to get a correct answer is to email your college (probably the admissions contact).

Also, I noted that my college offered financial assistance for the freshers' week wristband. I have no doubt other colleges will help, too.

Finally, the freshers' week wristband often subsidises social events for the whole year. Over half of my college social committee's budget comes from the wristband sales. So if it seems expensive for just a week, that's why.

Heyy can you buy individual tickets at the door if you don't have a wristband?? Or can you only access events with the wristband??

Quick Reply

Latest