The Student Room Group

Mushroom

I fell in love with a girl a year and a half ago and i've never been able to get over her. she's had many boyfriends since i met her and is now with someone she really loves. What do i do i feel absolutely crap all the time and can't bring myself to look at any other girl?
Reply 1
Maybe you're not a fungi?

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by Mushr0
I fell in love with a girl a year and a half ago and i've never been able to get over her. she's had many boyfriends since i met her and is now with someone she really loves. What do i do i feel absolutely crap all the time and can't bring myself to look at any other girl?

Strange thread title.

Distract yourself by doing fun things for awhile, or something time consuming.
uuurgh I wanted to write all about why mushrooms are great
and badger badger badger badger ? ? badger badger badger
but instead :getmecoat:
Reply 4
You need to get over her.

Cold turkey is usually the best way.

Also you don't love her, you're infatuated with her. There's a difference.
Reply 5
Original post by kkboyk
Strange thread title.

Distract yourself by doing fun things for awhile, or something time consuming.

I try and do other things like go the gym, but i only really enjoy these things when i believe that having a better body will make her want me rofl
also thread title is because of a definition i read on urban dictionary
Reply 6
Original post by alow
You need to get over her.

Cold turkey is usually the best way.

Also you don't love her, you're infatuated with her. There's a difference.

Any tips on getting over her? she goes to the same school as me, see her everyday.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Mushr0
Any tips on getting over her? she goes to the same school as me, see her everyday.

Avoid her.
Reply 8
Original post by UWS

Spoiler

Indeed I'm not a fungi :smile:
Original post by Mushr0

:frown: this is sad stuff.
Only you can change your thinking pattern. You have to learn to distract yourself, and keep meeting other girls as friends. It's better to build up friendships than put pressure on yourself to move on immediately at first sight. You will get over her eventually.

I had a huge crush on a guy for two years before completely cutting contact and moving on. He never saw me as more than a friend and I was causing my own suffering because of it.
Reply 10
Original post by alow
Avoid her.

I've tried this but it's not worked i feel rude and feel like she thinks i hate her idk it should work in theory but it just doesn't in this situation ends up making me feel *****y
Reply 11
Original post by Laurasaur
:frown: this is sad stuff.
Only you can change your thinking pattern. You have to learn to distract yourself, and keep meeting other girls as friends. It's better to build up friendships than put pressure on yourself to move on immediately at first sight. You will get over her eventually.

I had a huge crush on a guy for two years before completely cutting contact and moving on. He never saw me as more than a friend and I was causing my own suffering because of it.

Yea i do need to meet other girls other girls as friends. this is going offtopic from the title but i'm really bad at making new friends that are girls i feel like they know that i haven't any experience with girls or girlfriends so i just try and avoid talking to girls much i just feel like i shouldn't be talking to any girls or anything because i'm not the type of guy to have gf's

also gj on getting over the guy
Original post by Mushr0
Yea i do need to meet other girls other girls as friends. this is going offtopic from the title but i'm really bad at making new friends that are girls i feel like they know that i haven't any experience with girls or girlfriends so i just try and avoid talking to girls much i just feel like i shouldn't be talking to any girls or anything because i'm not the type of guy to have gf's

also gj on getting over the guy

It just takes practice! If you first learn to talk to us like you would with any friend, then you'll be on your feet in no time.
Yeah it was the most depressing 2 years of my life, but I've learnt a lot from it. It damages your self esteem like nothing else, but once you get over her, you'll learn that you're desirable to other people.
Reply 13
Original post by Mushr0
I try and do other things like go the gym, but i only really enjoy these things when i believe that having a better body will make her want me rofl
also thread title is because of a definition i read on urban dictionary

Try out something you've never done before. It really will help you get your mind off her.
Reply 14
It just takes practice! If you first learn to talk to us like you would with any friend, then you'll be on your feet in no time.
Yeah it was the most depressing 2 years of my life, but I've learnt a lot from it. It damages your self esteem like nothing else, but once you get over her, you'll learn that you're desirable to other people.

I want to talk to girls like their my closest friends but i'm worried they'll think i'm into them lol
Original post by Mushr0
I want to talk to girls like their my closest friends but i'm worried they'll think i'm into them lol

Talk to more lesbians then 😂
They might, but it's easy to correct them and just say "I like you as a friend" if they get the wrong idea.
Reply 16
Unfortunately for you, I have not the energy to invest in this situation at this moment in time.

However, you should always have 'abundance mentality' ingrained in your head, in your mind, in your soul.

There is no special girl. There is no 'the one for me', no unicorns no snowflakes.

She doesn't care about you.

Stop being a beta orbiter and move on.

There are girls everywhere
Reply 17
Talk to more lesbians then 😂
They might, but it's easy to correct them and just say "I like you as a friend" if they get the wrong idea.

Uh not many lesbians around to make friends with lol, saw one couple at the supermarket but one was pretty butch and anti-social, and the other was just a bit submissive
yea i'll try and talk to more girls just like they we're boys :smile: won't care if they think i fancy them
Original post by UWS

Spoiler

lol
Original post by Mushr0
I've tried this but it's not worked i feel rude and feel like she thinks i hate her idk it should work in theory but it just doesn't in this situation ends up making me feel *****y

omg

Quick Reply