The Student Room Group

Wouldn't it be sick if Betelgeuse explodes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by AlexLawrence1453
It would be like BOOM CRASH but silent because it's in space

I'm just waiting for it to go supernova. Hopefully sometime soon. It should be visible from Earth, since it's pretty close (less than 100 light year, methinks)
I thought this thread was going to be about the user.
Original post by UWS
@Betelgeuse- what do you have to say about this?

This is hate speech and speculating on my explosion is insensitive and mean

But yeahh explode betelgeuse EXPLODE ALREADY
Reply 23
Original post by BasicMistake
I thought this thread was going to be about the user.

Nah
Reply 24
Original post by Betelgeuse-
This is hate speech and speculating on my explosion is insensitive and mean

But yeahh explode betelgeuse EXPLODE ALREADY

They say that Betelgeuse should explode within the next few centuries. Rigel too.
I thought this thread was about our very own Betelgeuse on here too !!
You don't need to live for 600+ years to witness it exploding. It doesn't take 600+ years to explode, that's just how long it takes for causality to reach us from the event. Also, what do you mean "even with telescopes like hubble"? Telescopes don't increase light speed. Plus, Betelgeuse going bang would likely be a daytime visible event.

lulz...I don't see how discussing basic astronomical concepts with somebody online is worth my time. read a physics book, or you're a fraud if you claim to be astronomically schooled....
Original post by Aula
I'm claiming nothing. Just that if it already had, but more recently than it would take to reach us, we wouldn't know!

That is a claim. If causality travels at light speed, then to us, it does happen as we see it.
Original post by kimkarsd
It takes 600 years for the lght to come to Earth. So if it did explode, you may not be alive to see it. You have no way of telling when it will, only in the chance that it happens in your lifetime.

But that's the crux of my point. When we witness it is when it happens. It's not literally happening then we see it. It's happening as we see it because causality only travels at the speed of light.
How does one know if anyting explodes? It's by seeing light. It could explode at anytime, but then we would only really know after the fact.

It wouldn't technically be after.
Reply 30
Why would it be difficult to see in your lifetime based on its distance from us

Unless it exploded 550 years ago, none of us are likely to see it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lulz...I don't see how discussing basic astronomical concepts with somebody online is worth my time. read a physics book, or you're a fraud if you claim to be astronomically schooled....

Recommend me the book to read
Original post by Andy98
Unless it exploded 550 years ago, none of us are likely to see it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Refer to my posts about causality.
(edited 7 years ago)
is Betelguese near Uranus ?
Original post by the bear
is Betelguese near Uranus ?

Nah. If only, amirite?
Reply 35
Refer to posts about causality.

I know about causality, I was just saying it the way that avoids the arguments of those that don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah. If only, amirite?

like if there was a massive explosion involving Uranus that would be life changing innit ?*
Original post by Kyx
They say that Betelgeuse should explode within the next few centuries. Rigel too.

Making plans for Rigel ....

:teehee: *
Reply 38
That is a claim. If causality travels at light speed, then to us, it does happen as we see it.

To us, yes. To Betelgeuse, it could have already happened.
I hope it already has. It would be nice to see a supernova up close :moon:

Quick Reply

Latest