The Student Room Group

What are CAT tests?

Yesterday was my first day back at school in Year 12 2nd GCSE year (in case you are wondering year 11 and year 12 are the 2 GCSE years in Northern Ireland) and we done CAT tests on the computer on the first day!! For maths and English and I don't think I done well because I wasn't really paying attention and I didn't even know what it wanted me to do so I just started hitting random things. Is this anything to worry about? I've done well on first set of actual GCSE exams that I done in May and June so I think that's all that matters not silly tests on the conputer that count nothing towards my GCSEs. What's the point in them and why did we have to do them?
Original post by adz234
Yesterday was my first day back at school in Year 12 2nd GCSE year (in case you are wondering year 11 and year 12 are the 2 GCSE years in Northern Ireland) and we done CAT tests on the computer on the first day!! For maths and English and I don't think I done well because I wasn't really paying attention and I didn't even know what it wanted me to do so I just started hitting random things. Is this anything to worry about? I've done well on first set of actual GCSE exams that I done in May and June so I think that's all that matters not silly tests on the conputer that count nothing towards my GCSEs. What's the point in them and why did we have to do them?

Sounds like a cognitive ability tests. A shame they didn't tell you about what it was or that you'd have it...

What your school does with them, I do not know, but yeah, I'd hope that this thing doesn't mean anything or little in terms of predictions etc (for applications to the next stage) so I would say just see what happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending