The Student Room Group

Make-up for pale skin!

Pale skin can be hard to work with when choosing the best makeup look, particularly when it comes to the right foundation and eyeshadow shade!

For anyone with pale skin with great advice, or non-pale skin with some makeup experience, write some points below!

It can include:
·Recommended concealer, foundation or primer
·Recommended face/eye brushes
·Eyeshadow shades for pale skin or particular eye colours
·Makeup application techniques
·Anything else you fancy sharing!!
I kind of like darker eye make up, like dark browns, but for a colour less intimidating I'd go for rose gold eyeshadow. Or, in my case, mixing some pale brown and pink up on a palette.

The only foundation I've found that actually matches my pale skin is the Body Shop's Fresh Nude foundation in 'Chelsea Porcelain'. Works a treat and I can't do without it.
Reply 2
I would definitely recommend Elf's foundation with spf 15. It comes in a range of shades and i have one that matches my pale tone perfectly. I apply it with the real techniques foundation brush that you can find online at boots etc.
Korean and Japanese cosmetics!!! They have foundations that are great for pale girls! I'm NC35 so all the BB creams I have tried have given me an unattractive white cast.

Good Korean brands:
- Innisfree - £ like the Bodyshop in korea
- Etude House - £ princess aesthetic
- Iope - ££ more chic
- Sulwhasoo - £££ High end, more suited for older women
- Aritaum - £-££ dupes for Mac eyeshadows
- History of Whoo - £££ another luxury brand, targets women in their thirties plus
- Holika Holika - £-££ cutesy brand aimed at teens
- Missha - £-££ amazing foundation shade range

Japanese brands:
- Shu Umaru - ££-£££ high end, very pigmented eyeshadows
- Kate - £ drugstore brand
- Sheseido - ££-£££ another luxe brand, great base make up
- Canmake - £ another cutesy drugstore brand, foundations more yellow toned

There are plenty more, these are just from the top of my head.

Check out the sub 'Asian Beauty' on Reddit. Hella helpful
Cheap pale concealers if you're looking to budget:

'Seventeen Stay Time Concealer - Extra Fair'.
It's £4.50, the palest concealer I've come across, it's quite light on the skin but honestly such good coverage!

Another I've found similar in colour is: 'Collection: Lasting Perfection Concealer'
This one's even cheaper at £4.19, and is again really pale with great coverage - this one is a little heavier, though.

Depending on what kind of look/cover you're going for, both these concealers are great contenders.

My go-to foundation is: Revlon Colourstay - Ivory.
A little more pricey at £12.99, but it lasts a while if you're good with it, and the coverage is really good while being the palest foundation I've come across!
(edited 7 years ago)
I've had trouble for years getting makeup for my pale skin, basically Bobbi Brown foundation, both long wear and skin foundation in 00 ALABASTER, too dark for me in daylight.. And that's one of the palest around.
As for high street, my only recommendation is based on a small test on my inner wrist.. No7 Intelligent Colour Foundation in shade Extra Light.. I have tried every single foundation from every brand on the high street.. So L'oreal True Match, Revlon Colourstay etc.. This No7 foundation is thin and light coverage but is the only foundation that is under £20 and pale enough for my wrist.. Which is luckily the same colour as my face.
As for high end, I've tried MAC, Bobbi Brown, Urban Decay, Clinique, Dior etc.. My only recommendation is NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Siberia. It's quite yellow but I have quite a lot of redness so it evens out on my skin.
Concealer, high street basic is Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in the lightest shade.. Can sometimes still be a little dark but if you blend well it won't be noticeable. I have a very good high coverage concealer with photos if you want to see how good the coverage it is, and that is Rimmel London Lasting Finish concealer in Porcelain 010.. It's definitely one of my all time favourite products.
If you feel like contouring, go for something with a grey undertone or else it will look a bit muddy and orangey.. but not too grey because that can wash you out and make your skin a little ashy! My go to highlighter is from New Look's Pure Colour range, baked eyeshadow in the shade 13 Cream.
Now I have green eyes so the eye makeup is more tailored towards those, but still compliments pale skin very well. Golds, coppers and bronzes always go well as neutral looks, I'd say if you are extremely pale stay away from silver/greys unless they are different enough compared to your skin. Plums/aubergine/rusty colours go well for green eyes and pale skin.. blue eyes too. I have very dark brown hair so I have a lot of contrast going on, black liquid eyeliner with black upper tightlining is definitely the way to make my eyes stand out.
Lips.. lips lips lips!! I am neutral so I can get away with most lip colours, except pink.. Pink doesn't look right on me but I'm okay with that! Fall colours are things like deep blue based reds, aubergine colours, med-dark brown lipsticks.. And nudes depend on your eye colour and hair colour so it's probably best not to recommend those.. (Very pale nudes/pinks aren't for me definitely!). If you want to embrace your pale skin and you have dark hair, true reds and dark reds.. EG Jeffree Star Cosmetics liquid lipstick in Unicorn Blood.. That is amazing on pale skin!
If anyone has anything else they wanna ask from someone with ridiculously pale skin, send me a message! :smile:
A really pale foundation I've found is Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in light porcelain. It's more of a pink toned pale foundation too, I find with most that they're too yellow for me. It's very pale, and I literally only got it because I couldn't find anything else the right shade or pale enough for me so admittedly the texture isn't brilliant. For concealer I use Seventeen Stay Time concealer in very fair.

For eyeshadow it depends what the tone of your skin is, if it's more pinky then go with cool tones, if it's more yellow you'll pull off warm tones better. Also the Collection Lasting Colour lipstick in Paper Rose looks really pretty on pale skin! :smile:

In general I like to go for the pinup look of red lips and a cat eye because I think that look really fits my pale face :smile:
Reply 7
Nars Siberia is a god sent. Although a little yellow for me. I can make it work though, I mix it with Make up Forever Pink Porcelain. the correct highlight and contour help, too: Kevin Aucoin the sculpting powder is good for this, as it's very ashy. I also like the ABH glow kits, moonstone or bubbly is good. Becca shimmering skin perfecter in pearl is good, too.

Rose gold, light smokey eye is my go to look. Naked 2 is a good palette for pale skin, for every day though.

In regards to lip colour, I find a satin finish best. Clarin's nude rose is good imo.
Reply 8
NARS products are fantastic - Siberia leans yellow, but there are more neutral or pink leaning foundations in their range. Asian foundations and BB creams run VERY pink/grey on me, but if you're a pale pink they're fab - I'm very yellow toned. Need to watch out for undertones in blushes and contour - anything remotely too warm (whether you lean warm or cool), looks like dirt.
Reply 9
Loreal true match foundations are great think are 7.99-12.99 no sure

Tip if you already have a foundation but not ur shade or like a foundation properties but shade is to dark use this ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472786583.810555.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

Bare Minerals Pure Brightening Serum Foundation have an extensive range of colours for all skin tones. This particular product is often highly rated across a number of different sites.

Liz
@Plagioclase he knows all
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
@Plagioclase he knows all

o_o
Original post by Plagioclase
o_o

I approve of the utilisation of this emoticon
Try Dior

Quick Reply

Latest