The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Booooks :love:

i was once a bookworm too but then life happened xD

Spoiler

I'm willing to protect every abused books :u:

There's a quote by Voltaire that sums up the wretchedness of book-burning, but I can't remember it exactly, nor find it with a cursory Google search. :emo:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Hydeman
There's a quote by Voltaire that sums up the wretchedness of book-burning, but I can't remember it exactly, nor find it with a cursory Google search. :emo:

Spoiler

Does it come from Candide by any chance ? (Sorry if so, can't remember the quote anyway)

Spoiler

Booooks :love:

Spoiler

Royalty? Please, I'm a deity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Royalty? Please, I'm a deity

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl: :rofl:
Why do people get pissed off at you when they know you can't control your circumstances, and you haven't done anything. Disappointed.
Original post by Pokémontrainer
Why do people get pissed off at you when they know you can't control your circumstances, and you haven't done anything. Disappointed.

because they don't understand your situation :yep: happens to me a lot of time :lol:
but ignore them and concentrate on your aim :h: xx
Original post by fatima1998
because they don't understand your situation :yep: happens to me a lot of time :lol:
but ignore them and concentrate on your aim :h: xx

Some people lack awareness of the fact that everyone else has a different situation. :rolleyes: I will, thanks. :h: PRSOM. :emo:
So down right now.
Would like someone to talk to, oh wait :frown:

Ill go cry :cry2:
i'm so sad right now ! :frown:

Spoiler

:rofl: :rofl:

It's true, I'm every God

Original post by FireFreezer77
So down right now.
Would like someone to talk to, oh wait :frown:

Ill go cry :cry2:

C'mon, hit the PM:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fardm76
i'm so sad right now ! :frown:

Spoiler

You too, hit the PM

Posted from TSR Mobile
Argh!:argh: I spent over half of my shift at work stinking really badly OF SOMEONE ELSE!:frown: Basically, I was serving customers when there was suddenly this really awful smell, like a morning breath smell or the smell you get when you've got a bad cold. I didn't know who it was from because I was surrounded with people. My current customer left and I went to serve the next one, a young man. He seemed to be the source of the smell. But it was strange because the smelly people are always old people! Young, clean-looking men never smell. So I was leaning back in my seat, desperately trying not to breathe it in ... and then he COUGHS. Coughs without covering his mouth. Multiple times. And then he goes and the bad smell stayed.I started doubting whether it was him or not then because of the smell remaining. Anyway, so my supervisor then took me off for my break and I felt a bit embarrassed because I didn't want her to think the smell was ME. So I went to the canteen upstairs and you know what? I could STILL smell the smell, and I started getting rather paranoid and fearful that it WAS me. I kept checking my breath and swishing water around my mouth but nothing would get rid of it. I went back down to the same till after my break and the smell was still there! Eventually I pinpointed the smell's location to being my LEFT SLEEVE and the left hand side of the till. So I can only assume it was that gentleman's cough that caused the smell to stick to the till and my sleeve. I took my fleece off in a hurry but it was freezing so I ended up putting it back on again.

And so I spent the rest of the night having to breath in this dreadful stench and being SO embarrassed that people would think it was me.:frown:
Why can't people just cover their mouths when they cough?

I got my mum to smell my fleece when I got home and she told me she thought it smelled of cancer.:indiff: Apparently people who have cancer get a smell, and this smelled very much like it. :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
why am i never good enough for people.
doing coursework :work:
have to get it done before monday :cyber:
c'mon you can do it
YESSSSSS :work: :work: :work:
Love my mod friends, they always cheer me up :grouphugs:
a busy day awaits today*
Chilly. I'm thinking a lot.
Original post by Salamandastron
why am i never good enough for people.

Ok, the following may sounds blunt and non sympathetic but I think being a realist is best here

2 situations

1) those people aren't rly deserving of you in the first place. This gets hard when you're constantly around them, famil, co workers or classmates, but if they dont treat you well, why try to be good to them? sounds harsh but its true.

2) we accept the love we think we deserve

its a self fulfilling prophecy, you think you're not good enough, perhaps causing you to try less and interact less so you aren't as 'good' in your eyes. Being 'good' morally 100% is impossible, the world isnt black and white, theres grey too (50 shades of em). Im sure youre wonderful enough as you are, but its no use me telling you that, you have to tell yourself

What Im basically saying is, its either youre with the wrong ppl or you need to believe more in yourself! :hugs: :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
I joined tsr exactly a year ago today, time goes so fast :afraid:

Latest