The Student Room Group

Should I do 3 hours a day?

I am starting AS levels in Chemistry, Physics and Maths soon and plan to do an hour of each subject a day so a total of 3 hours from the first day. With GCSE's I left revision to last minute and didn't do as well as I could have. Are 3 hours going to be ideal?
Reply 1
yeah you'll get 3As then!

I found it useful to do work during 'frees' and less at home.. but some people found it better to waste frees and just cram before exams... lol
Original post by Tinka99
I am starting AS levels in Chemistry, Physics and Maths soon and plan to do an hour of each subject a day so a total of 3 hours from the first day. With GCSE's I left revision to last minute and didn't do as well as I could have. Are 3 hours going to be ideal?

Didn't you cheat in GCSE Maths? You had access to formulae that you weren't allowed?
Reply 3
Original post by Jamie Vardy
Didn't you cheat in GCSE Maths? You had access to formulae that you weren't allowed?

No I did not.
yeah that sounds good. But It will be hard to maintain that throughout the year. I tried something like that but I ended up being one of those who who wasted frees and crammed before exams. But you probably have better discipline than me lol
Reply 5
Original post by Tinka99
No I did not.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=65239381#post65239381 "Was I lucky not to get disqualified for the exam?"

Don't lie lol.. Also after all the "I hate Maths" "Maths is my weak point" threads how come you're taking it onto A Level? The step up I saw from my friends who take it is enormous.
Reply 6
Original post by Kaneki
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=65239381#post65239381 "Was I lucky not to get disqualified for the exam?"

Don't lie lol.. Also after all the "I hate Maths" "Maths is my weak point" threads how come you're taking it onto A Level? The step up I saw from my friends who take it is enormous.

I did hate Maths but began to like it after I worked harder at GCSE. I also did not cheat.
Reply 7
Original post by Tinka99
I did hate Maths but began to like it after I worked harder at GCSE. I also did not cheat.

Fair enough, just be prepared for the step up.. And sure thing :wink:
Original post by Tinka99

I'm thinking about whether I should still report you, in which case exam boards will be able to make amendments to your grades.

Quick Reply

Latest