The Student Room Group

Going to university - don't want to lose school friends

I'm starting uni really soon and will be moving into my halls in exactly two weeks. Obviously I'm incredibly excited to be starting uni but I can't help worrying about inevitably losing some/all of my sixth form friends when I head off to university.
What can you do to stop this from happening?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm starting uni really soon and will be moving into my halls in exactly two weeks. Obviously I'm incredibly excited to be starting uni but I can't help worrying about inevitably losing some/all of my sixth form friends when I head off to university.

Create a What's App group maybe?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

Arrange a group event before going, get their numbers, talk to them. Later on you guys can set up another meetup during christmas holiday, easter or even on a weekend.
Reply 3
Unfortunately you will lose a few friends, that's just life. Everyone will have different agendas, people will be busy and slowly some will drift away. I would say keep in contact (facebook, snapchat, whatsapp, etc..) with your closest friends and arrange to meet up like once a month.

People will come and go, you will make new friends and uni and you may forget 1 or 2 of your older friends.
over the summer holidays I already lost contact with 3+ friends :bl: but that's just life. The best you can do is create a whatsapp group and stay in touch with those friends, and arranging to meet up when you can. The rest is up to them. ^^
Once you go to university, the friends you stay in touch with you realise are your true friends, for me since starting uni, these friendships have only gotten stronger
You can't stop it from happening. It's just something you have to accept.

That's not to say you should completely forget about your sixth-form friends forever. Can always use social networking to communicate or even call them.

It's important to keep contact. (with close friends atleast)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
There's nothing you can do.

You WILL lose friends. That's the way it is! But maybe it's better like that. Because today if someone wants to stay friends with you they will always be able to do so! You'll see who are your 'true friends'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending