The Student Room Group

My A*AA A-Level Revision Diary (A2)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Update

My college contacted me today saying that my exam script has arrived. I'm so nervous about it because it's being marked by both my teachers right now. :biggrin:
Reply 21
Day 7

Today i did some work on A2 business studies and i actually found it pretty hard. The step up to A2 from AS is pretty big. But anyway i studied half of a huge topic in global business called globalisation, as it is all we have learned in A2 business so far.

So i have now finished all my notes for business and economics and so far I'm feeling quite good about them both. :biggrin:
Reply 22
Day 8

I haven't done much today, because I've been at work. But i have looked at a few of my law notes and I'm going to continue with that tomorrow :u:
Reply 23
Day 9

Today i continued to look over my law notes. I read up on unit 1 law all about criminal courts and lay people, delegated legislation and statutory interpretation. I'm not going to bother recapping unit 2 law because i passed that exam and the only thing relevant from it for next year is establishing negligence, and non fatal offences, which i know quite well.

But all this was done in brief, but new notes on all of this will be being made starting the new academic year from the 8th september :biggrin:
Reply 24
Day 10

Today i didn't do much because i was at work again, however i just finished recapping constructive manslaughter and gross negligent manslaughter from unit 3 law and judicial precedence from unit 4. :smile:

Tomorrow i will be writing essays on manslaughter to an A* standard.
Reply 25
Day 11

I had a change plan today because i had to go into college to sign some documents regarding my remark for AQA law01, because apparently it was marked harshly. Anyway in the end i did some stationary shopping and sent my files over to my college email, so i can print them off according to my own academic revision timetable which I'm making next wednesday. :h:

Tomrrow i will be completing essays i should of done today.
Reply 26
Day 12

Today i did an essay on involuntary manslaughter (UAM and GNM). I'm really happy with my first attempt and i included a lot of cases, so it should get a good mark.
Reply 27
Day 13

Today i didn't do anything academic because i have finished everything I wanted i do before college starts again :biggrin: .

But instead of doing nothing i starting cutting down my personal statement :colone:, I'm at 4279 characters and i have no idea how i can cut it any further. :h:

I also started looking at the cambridge admissions test and did a practice essay and I'm now looking at essay structure.
Reply 28
Day 14

Today i looked at some key cases for manslaughter, lowe, goodfellow and lamb. So i know when to apply them in scenarios.

I also started planning all my revision for next year :biggrin: and I've starting organizing my folders for Thursday.
Reply 29
Day 15

Today i was at work so i couldn't do much, but i started making a database of model answers for AQA A2 law :h:
Considering that Revision will be stock-pilled next year, what revision techniques are you planning on using?
Reply 31
Original post by Niyi Aderounmu
Considering that Revision will be stock-pilled next year, what revision techniques are you planning on using?

For business and economics I intend to write out all my notes twice as revision before christmas and every weekend i will do a past paper and annotate the specification. In January I'll annotate the specification and write down in order my weakest to strongest topics and focus on these again continuing with past papers and specification annotation at the weekend. In April i intend to do pure Past papers on the weekday and annotate the specification whilst watching revision videos on youtube.

For law I'm doing essays every single day of the week up until the exam and on a saturday and Sunday i am going to be going through all the cases and points of law learnt in a week and apply them to tricky scenarios :smile:
Original post by BR1999
For business and economics I intend to write out all my notes twice as revision before christmas and every weekend i will do a past paper and annotate the specification. In January I'll annotate the specification and write down in order my weakest to strongest topics and focus on these again continuing with past papers and specification annotation at the weekend. In April i intend to do pure Past papers on the weekday and annotate the specification whilst watching revision videos on youtube.

For law I'm doing essays every single day of the week up until the exam and on a saturday and Sunday i am going to be going through all the cases and points of law learnt in a week and apply them to tricky scenarios :smile:

For Economics, on past papers you just pick out the specific questions relating to topics? Considering that we don't have many past papers.
Reply 33
For Economics, on past papers you just pick out the specific questions relating to topics? Considering that we don't have many past papers.

I make my own :biggrin:
Original post by BR1999
I make my own :biggrin:

Ah interesting lol, how long would it take you to create your own past paper?
Also in Economics there are those essays, when do you practice essays and in general what tips would you give for someone who was aiming for A* in Economics.
Thank you for your replies.
Reply 35
Ah interesting lol, how long would it take you to create your own past paper?
Also in Economics there are those essays, when do you practice essays and in general what tips would you give for someone who was aiming for A* in Economics.
Thank you for your replies.

About 20 minutes for the questions and about 10 minutes to find an internet article. When your doing the essays it's all about the understanding and linking everything together to make a perfect response.

You need to read the question, what is it actually asking you for? Everything they want is on the specification, so learn it and understand it inside out. Also peoples application in responses seems to be weak, it should flow with your point. Without good application there can be no good analysis and try to use figures because they're easy to evaluate. :smile:
Reply 36
Day 16

Today i finished my personal statement, feeling quite relieved now, 3998 characters 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
Reply 37
Day 17

Today i went into college to collect my AQA Law01 remark, which went up 16 UMS, so i got my A :h:
Original post by BR1999
UCAS Applications

Okay so for university i intend to study law because i want to become a criminal barrister. My applications will be to;

University of Law - BBB
LSE - A*AA
Lancaster - AAA
Westminister - ABB
Kingston - BBC

I thought i would go for quite a broad range as you never know what will happen next year. But the one I really want to go to is the university of law :biggrin:

If you're predicted A*AA I really wouldn't apply to unis asking for anything below AAB/ABB. I'm sure all your choices, except LSE, will be in clearing so use your other for choices for A*AA-AAB courses. You only have 5 so make them count!
By the way congrats on AAAC, your remark and good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest