The Student Room Group

Does this girl like me?

I've known this girl, who's in my year, since middle school. We were friends throughout then and upper school, and then when we went to uni we didn't really talk unless we saw each other at a party in the holidays. I never got the impression that we were anything more than just friends at the time and I didn't really think about that idea either, which was fine.

So recently we were at such a party. She arrived later than a lot of people and hugged me happily when she saw me, as she always does. I think even then she was a bit tipsy though, but this was fine. For some reason though, this time I found her especially attractive than I had before.

A few hours later, she was so drunk that she was struggling to stand. I happened to bump into her whilst she was like this and supported her back as she lost her balance. Then a short while afterward she hugged me and kept saying "I love you rob". At some point she then put her hands on my shoulders and her face slowly moved closer to mine and she kissed my lips for about a second.

A few minutes later she was sat in the dining room stuffing her face with crisps and making a mess, because by now she was very out of it. I was there as well just so I could look out for her a bit while her other friends were somewhere else. At some point she eventually got up and then hugged me for a straight minute, again saying "I love you rob". She then moved her head to my other shoulder and as she passed my face, she got so close that I really thought she was going to kiss me again (and we probably would have if I'd been bolder) and then we hugged solidly for a further minute. This time I told her I loved her first and she said "I love you too rob".

We didn't really get to interact again after that but I found it all odd. I messaged her the next day (without kisses) just seeing if she was ok and she responded saying she was, with two kisses. I then wished her well for her second year at uni maintaining the kisses and she said "thanks rob it was lovely to see you last night xx".

She was only doing this to me and even tried to push another guy away whilst I was around. I know she was completely smashed off her face but at the same time, sometimes you can convey real thoughts and feelings when in that state so it just got me thinking. Not to mention we'd never shared kisses in texts before that party, and she was sober by then.

I could be overthinking this entirely but what do you guys think? Thanks for any input! 😊
I don't think you can really judge a person's feelings when they're pissed. Sometimes things get over-exaggerated. Something may have happened to her in the day before which meant she needed someone to 'comfort' her. Idk. The kisses probably aren't anything.
Reply 2
You could reply with asking her out for a coffee or dinner? She might have feelings for you but she was tipsy like the first poster said she might have needed someone to comfort her.
Reply 3
Find out by asking her out for drinks or a meal, we wouldn't know.
Go to her and ask her would you like to have sex with me, if she likes you she'll laugh with a confused face. If she doesn't like you she'll shame you infront of everyone and call you a creep
No she doesn't like you as any more than a good friend, 2 x's doesn't mean jack **** for her having romantic feelings just like the I love you too, that's easily something said between friends.
Ask her out for coffee then casually ask her if she remembers what she did at the party?
Ask her out for coffee then casually ask her if she remembers what she did at the party?
Original post by Pinkberry_y

Original post by YeahhhBaby

Coincidence? :holmes:
Original post by YeahhhBaby

Original post by L'absurde
Coincidence? :holmes:

How bizarre :curious:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending