The Student Room Group

Do you think its rude to invite people to wedding reception only & not the ceremony?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joinedup
Well I guess technology has moved on making that easier - my dads mate had a large format chemical film camera so he had to stop and reload every couple of minutes.

I reluctantly got a gig as video cameraman for a mate and I wasn't confident/pushy enough to get good shots, and didn't actually realise when the ceremony had started (it was a relatively laid back civil wedding) it's not been forgotten.

But the ceremony starts when the bridesmaids appear:tongue: I m sure the couple will forgive you in time :smile: technology does making everything much easier these days :smile:
It's your wedding, your rules.

Spoiler

Original post by claireestelle
But the ceremony starts when the bridesmaids appear:tongue: I m sure the couple will forgive you in time :smile: technology does making everything much easier these days :smile:

There were no bridesmaids :smile:
six people total
happy couple
one small child (belonging to the above)
me (also witnessing)
another witness
registrar
Reply 43
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
It's your wedding, your rules.

Spoiler

Thank you! :hugs: :h:
Original post by Joinedup
There were no bridesmaids :smile:
six people total
happy couple
one small child (belonging to the above)
me (also witnessing)
another witness
registrar

I can understand why you got confused then, sounds like a lovely small affair :smile:
Reply 45
I find it interesting that over here in The UK, its common, almost a given that you invite extra people to the evening reception and keep numbers small for the ceremony and meal but after talking to a friend I have over in America, its deemed as the height of rudeness over there to do that. Its interesting to hear people's view on it, both here and anywhere else :smile:
Original post by Spock's Socks
I find it interesting that over here in The UK, its common, almost a given that you invite extra people to the evening reception and keep numbers small for the ceremony and meal but after talking to a friend I have over in America, its deemed as the height of rudeness over there to do that. Its interesting to hear people's view on it, both here and anywhere else :smile:

Their etiquette for weddings does differ from ours in several ways - I remember reading a US wedding forum and they were discussing cash bars. Lots of the people on there were saying if you can't afford to pay for ALL the drinks for the whole wedding, you should have a dry wedding rather than a cash bar - I think that would go down like a lead balloon over here!
I've been invited to just wedding receptions before (or other times to both :redface:), never bothered me tbh :redface: think it just depends on how big the place is where you're getting married to invite extra people :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Helenia
A few people will be snobby about only being invited to an evening reception, but most people just like the idea of a party and want to wish the couple well/see the dress!

PRSOM

Quick Reply

Latest