The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
It's a joke calm down :')

Everyone's so serious in here.

EDIT: You of course are smart and do have a brain.. I've spoken to you before, thought you'd know I was kidding but since you didn't I apologize

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's OK :')

I just thought you had something against me or anyone going to UCL lol

Which SW have you applied to? So far, I've only got down Credit Suisse and I'm in the middle of Nomura

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by icecreamcake
That's OK :')

I just thought you had something against me or anyone going to UCL lol

Which SW have you applied to? So far, I've only got down Credit Suisse and I'm in the middle of Nomura

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no lol, I applied there, course I don't have anything against it! And nah, you're cool.

Nothing yet, I'm waiting for some of the others to open so I can just smash out any tests needed to be done. But, I'll probably get JPM/CS done soon-ish, since I was at the insight days for those.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 662
Apply by mid October (just to get it all out of the way), and ofc if any SWs (Barc/Laz) open in Nov and Oct, as soon as you can by then. Leave GS until last in case you get anymore experience in your first few months at uni as they're non-rolling.

All of them, each will have single digit thousands of applicants so unless you think you're the next god, you're better off applying everywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Also can you apply for SWs in both AM and Ibd, or are you better off just choosing one sector?
Original post by mk_98
Thanks. Also can you apply for SWs in both AM and Ibd, or are you better off just choosing one sector?

You can at GS, but it's advised you just stick to the one division. Everywhere else, I believe you can only apply to one - of course you can always apply to some banks in IBD/FO/S&T and some others AM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by glebp
Just practice SHL and you should be relatively prepared

Spoiler

SHL?
Original post by blksheep
SHL?

test provider

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 666
What are the tests called which banks use in the application process for spring weeks? Thank you.
Reply 667
Original post by BJA98
What are the tests called which banks use in the application process for spring weeks? Thank you.

There is this phenomena called... Google
And also your answer is in the comments above 😂.
Original post by Rkai01
There is this phenomena called... Google
And also your answer is in the comments above 😂.

Glad I'm not the only one.. And then people say I'm dickish for it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glad I'm not the only one.. And then people say I'm dickish for it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey i feel offended you just swore please apologise you're a moderator
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Hey i feel offended you just swore please apologise you're a moderator

I'll get you a safe space dw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 671
Hahah I'm just too lazy to scroll up and I obviously googled and couldn't find the answer hence asked
Original post by BJA98
Hahah I'm just too lazy to scroll up and I obviously googled and couldn't find the answer hence asked

Laziness isn't good uno

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 673
anybody here already started uni?

i am glad i started little earlier cause freshers week hammers you down like
Reply 674
You can at GS, but it's advised you just stick to the one division. Everywhere else, I believe you can only apply to one - of course you can always apply to some banks in IBD/FO/S&T and some others AM.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also would you say getting an SW/internship at a top AM firm e.g Blackrock is less or more easier than getting into a FO role at an IB, given they offer less places?
Reply 675
Original post by mk_98
Also would you say getting an SW/internship at a top AM firm e.g Blackrock is less or more easier than getting into a FO role at an IB, given they offer less places?

There's going to be overqualified people getting denied at all programs. That being said, I for instance, won't be applying for BlackRock.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mk_98

Mate, just go for the programs you want to go for. There's no point comparing competitiveness of each, if you're good, you will get it.
Once you successfully complete the test, how much time do you have to prep for the first phone interview?
Original post by usualsuspects
Once you successfully complete the test, how much time do you have to prep for the first phone interview?

They normally give you about a week or 2 i think but it depends on each bank but you will have a week atleast for prep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by therealdeal580
They normally give you about a week or 2 i think but it depends on each bank but you will have a week atleast for prep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good, thank you!

Latest

Trending

Trending