The Student Room Group

How many UCAS points for kings college?

how many UCAS points do you need to get into kings? Because I'm deciding if I want to take a 4th AS or not
Original post by ameenatariq
how many UCAS points do you need to get into kings? Because I'm deciding if I want to take a 4th AS or not

They do it on the basis of A Level grades ONLY. The offers range from A*AA-ABB. I wouldn't recommend taking a fourth AS if you don't have to.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
They do it on the basis of A Level grades ONLY. The offers range from A*AA-ABB. I wouldn't recommend taking a fourth AS if you don't have to.

Would an AS give you an edge though?
Reply 3
They dont ask for UCAS, they want a level grades. You don't have to take a fourth AS, I got in with 3 A-Levels (A*A*A).
Would an AS give you an edge though?

Not if they don't consider it.
Original post by gsonro
They dont ask for UCAS, they want a level grades. You don't have to take a fourth AS, I got in with 3 A-Levels (A*A*A).

What a level subjects and for what course ?
Reply 6
What a level subjects and for what course ?

BA politics, I did a-levels in politics, history and maths.If you're confident that youll be able to do 4 AS's to a good grade then go for it, if not just stick to 3. However, if you get an A grade in your fourth AS it could compensate for missing your offer. Say your offer is AAA and on results day you get AAB, they may see that got an A in your fourth AS and still accept you, if that makes sense?
Original post by gsonro
BA politics, I did a-levels in politics, history and maths.If you're confident that youll be able to do 4 AS's to a good grade then go for it, if not just stick to 3. However, if you get an A grade in your fourth AS it could compensate for missing your offer. Say your offer is AAA and on results day you get AAB, they may see that got an A in your fourth AS and still accept you, if that makes sense?

Yea that makes sense. I don't know what to do!! I picked maths, biology, chemistry and psychology and plan on doing biochemistry at kings but I want to drop psychology.
Reply 8
Yea that makes sense. I don't know what to do!! I picked maths, biology, chemistry and psychology and plan on doing biochemistry at kings but I want to drop psychology.

Well maths, biology and chemistry is basically everything they want for the course. Seriously if you think you can do psychology as well go for it just drop it after AS or don't do it at all, however chem/bio/maths are demanding subjects so it would be fine just to do the three of them and get AAB (what they require).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gsonro
Well maths, biology and chemistry is basically everything they want for the course. Seriously if you think you can do psychology as well go for it just drop it after AS or don't do it at all, however chem/bio/maths are demanding subjects so it would be fine just to do the three of them and get AAB (what they require).

Yeah that's what I'm thinking I don't want psychology to ruin my other subjects. But will I be able to get into UCL and queen Mary with three as well or do they have different UCAS points ?
Reply 10
Yeah that's what I'm thinking I don't want psychology to ruin my other subjects. But will I be able to get into UCL and queen Mary with three as well or do they have different UCAS points ?

UCL doesn't use UCAS points. Simply check their entry requirements.

QMUL http://www.politics.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/161328.html

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply