The Student Room Group

How can you forgive yourself for messing up your chances with your perfect girl

It's been months since I saw her even but I can't stop thinking about her, daydreaming, having romantic dreams about her and all that kind of stuff. I replay key moments where I had a chance to maybe ask her out or at least do something but I was always too scared and got tongue tied in the heat of the moment and I think about what I should have said over and over again. I regret everything so much I wish I could have done something I made all these grand plans to ask her out but I always blew it. I always feel guilty about the way I acted creepy and stalkerish around her and I really hope I didn't make her feel uncomfortable ever and if I did I'm very sorry for that. I just feel like I'll never meet someone else I like as much as her because she is such a unique individual and I've ruined my one chance at happiness.

Scroll to see replies

No girl is perfect.
You missed your chance, but there will be many more. Live and learn. :smile:
Reply 2
ah, you're still going on about this :closedeyes:

you weren't comfortable around her, so that's one clear point for her not being the right one

trust, you'll know real love when you find it.
Reply 3
Original post by Alexion
ah, you're still going on about this :closedeyes:

you weren't comfortable around her, so that's one clear point for her not being the right one

trust, you'll know real love when you find it.

I don't feel comfortable around any girls my age
Original post by Forum1addict
I don't feel comfortable around any girls my age

maybe you're homo
It's been months since I saw her even but I can't stop thinking about her, daydreaming, having romantic dreams about her and all that kind of stuff. I replay key moments where I had a chance to maybe ask her out or at least do something but I was always too scared and got tongue tied in the heat of the moment and I think about what I should have said over and over again. I regret everything so much I wish I could have done something I made all these grand plans to ask her out but I always blew it. I always feel guilty about the way I acted creepy and stalkerish around her and I really hope I didn't make her feel uncomfortable ever and if I did I'm very sorry for that. I just feel like I'll never meet someone else I like as much as her because she is such a unique individual and I've ruined my one chance at happiness.

This seems like a serious case of unrequited love (or lust depending on how you look at it).

If you know she feels the same way then make the move, if not then simply move on!.
Done it twice, chin up mate.
Reply 7
Stop putting girls on pedestals then.
Forgive yourself by realising that you aren't ready for a relationship. By realising you have dependency issues you really need to work on. By realising that if you did get into a relationship, it wouldn't have been a healthy one. That there is no perfect woman for you. Some are just better than others.

The "plenty of fish in the sea" shtick is old and doesn't help you one bit if you're that obsessed. You don't give a **** about any other girl that exists, I'm assuming, so just give a **** about yourself for a bit. Forget her and focus on making you a more independent person. You'll do far better emotionally and socially afterwards.

Getting hung up on a girl for so long is a form of neurosis that you really need to work on.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by UWS

I'm not pedestalling anyone I'm am just being truthful about her. She is really a vey sweet unique special kind beautiful person. When she smiles at me it is like the best feeling in the whole entire planet, like I'm in heaven, even if I can't be with her I wish I could just go back and see her again and see her smile that would be enough for me
Reply 10
You don't....
I'm not pedestalling anyone I'm am just being truthful about her. She is really a vey sweet unique special kind beautiful person. When she smiles at me it is like the best feeling in the whole entire planet, like I'm in heaven, even if I can't be with her I wish I could just go back and see her again and see her smile that would be enough for me

This is not healthy. It may seem sweet, but it's going to ruin your mental health to be this neurotic.
Seriously don't worry about it speaking as a girl no girl is perfect and most/all of us are *****es who make men miserable
Reply 13
If you feel this way about an individual do not let it pass. If she's as great as you make her out to be why not reach out to her? There's no harm in trying! Looking at what you just described it's well worth a shot I mean the least she'd do is hear you out but it can't be that bad that you couldn't do so? Maybe she wants the same in return but is just waiting on you.. Do something about it dude!
Original post by Kieiwie
If you feel this way about an individual do not let it pass. If she's as great as you make her out to be why not reach out to her? There's no harm in trying! Looking at what you just described it's well worth a shot I mean the least she'd do is hear you out but it can't be that bad that you couldn't do so? Maybe she wants the same in return but is just waiting on you.. Do something about it dude!

I can't. I blew my chances and now I'm 99% likely never gonna see her again :frown:
Original post by UWS

Youve been told numerous times under numerous usernames to go and get some counseling for your infatuatiob or it will rule your life.

You didnt know this girl it is just infatuation, which you are taking to extremes. For a relationship to exist then it has to work both ways. There are billions of females on the plant ofc there will be others who are just as good or even better or just different if you decide you will make the effort to meet them. Stup looking back and beating yourself up, its dull and draining. Learn from it and move forward, get help if you cnat do it on your own.
I can't. I blew my chances and now I'm 99% likely never gonna see her again :frown:

How sad you are still pining after her...
Reply 18

Is there any chance of you two meeting again? If you will, I would suggest you to start of a conversation with her and then ask her out. You might want to try talking to her on social websites - Facebook etc. & then ask her out which might be easier for you.
Original post by In2u
Is there any chance of you two meeting again? If you will, I would suggest you to start of a conversation with her and then ask her out. You might want to try talking to her on social websites - Facebook etc. & then ask her out which might be easier for you.

She doesn't have social media. And I don't really use it either tbh. There's almost 0 chance I could see her again.I wish I could just go back to the way things were before were even though there was nothing between us at least I go to see her every day and sometimes she woulda smile at me or briefly talk now I don't get anything at all. I honestly every morning was excited for going into school because of the prospect of seeing her and that would motivate me no matter how tired I felt. No I feel super demotivated to do anything in life and I just spend all day in my room doing nothing mostly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending