The Student Room Group

Racism through peer pressure

Like you've got mates/brothers/a dad who are avid racists, and real wound up during say a night out just chatting so much shite about like pakistanis and somalis and that. Or being out somewheres queuing at the shops or on public transport and they stop the convo yous two are having just to shout or swear slurs :\ Or they disown you for saying you'd shag one. Idk stuff like that.

You can post anon, but anyone going thru this? Not speaking for myself btw ok just wondering.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
Like you've got mates/brothers/a dad who are avid racists, and real wound up during say a night out just chatting so much shite about like pakistanis and somalis and that. Or being out somewheres queuing at the shops or on public transport and they stop the convo yous two are having just to shout or swear slurs :\ Or they disown you for saying you'd shag one. Idk stuff like that.

You can post anon, but anyone going thru this? Not speaking for myself btw ok just wondering.

I would characterise that form of behaviour as a direct result of down right stupidity and attributes of a drunkard.

Possibly 5% of the population in my opinion.
No peer pressure but I know plenty of people who are racist as ****.

That's living in a small town for you though.
Original post by Desi_Scotsman
I would characterise that form of behaviour as a direct result of down right stupidity and attributes of a drunkard.

Possibly 5% of the population in my opinion.

Deffo more than 5%
Reply 4
everyone has got a person like that in their family
Original post by 0to100

Then this happened:
Attachment not found
Original post by ELVsLP
everyone has got a person like that in their family

:s-smilie: Really? Have you? Got a racist family member or very good friend, like not even someone who just has negative opinions but like passionate about they or you to never interact with a particular race...? Abusing them in public? If the answer is yes is that seriously normal to you and not uncomfortable at all?
Original post by hamza772000
Then this happened:
Attachment not found

attachment fail
Original post by 0to100
attachment fail
check again :tongue:

:colonhash: are you doing this on purpose cuz it's not working I'm telling ya

I thought you were leaving tsr lol :colonhash: knew it was a prank
Original post by 0to100
:colonhash: are you doing this on purpose cuz it's not working I'm telling ya
I swear it works for me :redface:

Okay, put it into my post's context again:
Original post by Grimm Reaper
I am, didn't wanna post again on that thread, I'm only here for like 15 more mins, I didn't wanna post there coz I wouldn't know how to answer all the questions thrown at me :s-smilie:
Reply 13
Original post by 0to100
:s-smilie: Really? Have you? Got a racist family member or very good friend, like not even someone who just has negative opinions but like passionate about they or you to never interact with a particular race...? Abusing them in public? If the answer is yes is that seriously normal to you and not uncomfortable at all?

yeah its normal to me. aren't we all a little bit bigoted?
Original post by Grimm Reaper

I am, didn't wanna post again on that thread, I'm only here for like 15 more mins, I didn't wanna post there coz I wouldn't know how to answer all the questions thrown at me :s-smilie:

This isn't a tea party, chat somewhere else :unimpressed:
Original post by ELVsLP
yeah its normal to me. aren't we all a little bit bigoted?

there's "a little bigoted" and then there's...telling a stranger to **** off back home lol
@hamza772000 :colondollar: sorry but seriously lol
Original post by 0to100
@hamza772000 :colondollar: sorry but seriously lol
sorry for what? It's fine :wink:
Original post by 0to100

No but seems u need new friends / dad

I will be ur dad if you like?
Original post by Betelgeuse-
No but seems u need new friends / dad

I will be ur dad if you like?

lmaooooo I already have one parent on her, it's my mum @lil sister
and anyway my mates are awesome and my brothers well...everyones got their vices

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending