The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I've been talking to this guy for over a month (we met on instagram) and we get on really well, recently we've started exchanging nudes and videos on snapchat (which i have never done before).

I'm a really shy girl so i've never had a boyfriend so I was just wondering if this is a normal part/stage of a relationship? (He's 22 and i'm 17)

Pretty sure that's illegal.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Pretty sure that's illegal.

why? you can get married at 16.
Reply 3
why? you can get married at 16.

Because you're under the age of 18, it falls under distributing an indecent image of a child. Take a look at the article below.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10983055/Teenage-girl-given-police-caution-for-sexting-explicit-selfie-to-boyfriend.html
When sending nudes, which has the potential to backfire, it should really be down to your own judgement and what you enjoy and are comfortable with; not what other people do or what is seen as normal.

To give it my two cents, I've never sent or recieved explicit pictures, and I've been in relationships both with other 22-year-olds and people similarly younger as yourself. It's not a *normal* stage, but it's also not uncommon for couples to do, so it really is just down to what you want. However, if the other signs of a real friendship/relationship aren't there, and sending nudes is your way of keeping the relationship going, I'd advise you that your inexperience is probably being taken advantage of.

Don't worry about the law, the police are very unlikely to care as long as it's all consensual, even if they did somehow find out.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by UWS
Because you're under the age of 18, it falls under distributing an indecent image of a child. Take a look at the article below.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10983055/Teenage-girl-given-police-caution-for-sexting-explicit-selfie-to-boyfriend.html

:s-smilie: ohh forgot about that I see what you mean.
Its definitely not a part of every relationship. You'll find some guys who are into that and some who are not. It depends on the person, and it depends if you're also into that.

Personally, I would never get into a relationship with someone like that. It just doesn't feel intimate for me.
I would never send a random guy nudes. Probably wouldn't even send them to a guy I'm in a long term relationship with. Most guys send pictures to their friends. I hope for your sake they never get leaked.
Nonce alert.
I've been talking to this guy for over a month (we met on instagram) and we get on really well, recently we've started exchanging nudes and videos on snapchat (which i have never done before).

I'm a really shy girl so i've never had a boyfriend so I was just wondering if this is a normal part/stage of a relationship? (He's 22 and i'm 17)

you do really realize that the programmers of snapchat view every snap you send, right?
And guys maybe her situation is somehow different. Maybe she can't have sex or something. like for example, the place where i live, you die if you are caught having sex. Its a law here!
Original post by phunky_fresh
I would never send a random guy nudes. Probably wouldn't even send them to a guy I'm in a long term relationship with. Most guys send pictures to their friends. I hope for your sake they never get leaked.

I never have my face in it.
Illegal, but it's normal in the sense that many people do it.
It's normal in a relationship of adults.

Not an online fling with a kid.
it's alright during long distance and you can't see each other.
Sexting is normal, however, it isn't exactly an ideal form of relationship. I'm currently going through this myself. My sexting 'partner' is 23 and I just recently turned 18. I've never been in a relationship either. There are a lot of complications that come to this, firstly, what exactly are you expecting out of it? because it can turn into a toxic relationship, if it becomes more than just a sexual arrangement lol, especially if it's unrequited and you've never been in a relationship before. Also, make sure you trust your 'partner', be sure that he deletes any nudes sent, because leaving an online thread will bring a whole lot of damage in the future.
Original post by Lavaridge
When sending nudes, which has the potential to backfire, it should really be down to your own judgement and what you enjoy and are comfortable with; not what other people do or what is seen as normal.

To give it my two cents, I've never sent or recieved explicit pictures, and I've been in relationships both with other 22-year-olds and people similarly younger as yourself. It's not a *normal* stage, but it's also not uncommon for couples to do, so it really is just down to what you want. However, if the other signs of a real friendship/relationship aren't there, and sending nudes is your way of keeping the relationship going, I'd advise you that your inexperience is probably being taken advantage of.

Don't worry about the law, the police are very unlikely to care as long as it's all consensual, even if they did somehow find out.

What about if it’s nudes one way?

Latest