The Student Room Group

White nationalist movements are growing much more quickly than ISIS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

But they're still really small compared to ISIS and aren't as dangerous.
Original post by Trapz99
But they're still really small compared to ISIS and aren't as dangerous.

ISIS are shrinking, these groups are growing. We've seen a spike in racial hate crime in the UK after Brexit, we've seen French governments take absurd Islamophobic actions, several terror attacks and several foiled ones too.

I think this is a bigger threat, because the people sympathising with / joining these groups are right in our own country in mass, rather than being scattered across the Middle East.
Reply 4
Original post by alevelstresss
ISIS are shrinking, these groups are growing. We've seen a spike in racial hate crime in the UK after Brexit, we've seen French governments take absurd Islamophobic actions, several terror attacks and several foiled ones too.

I think this is a bigger threat, because the people sympathising with / joining these groups are right in our own country in mass, rather than being scattered across the Middle East.

But they don't have bombs, tanks and guns for the most part. They are not as dangerous as Islamic extremists. They really aren't a danger. Many of them are just people proud of their white identity.
(edited 7 years ago)
It's not surprising. We have already reached a point of no return. Soon, one government after another in Europe will become nationalistic. The Visegrad group are already nationalistic, now it's Austria's turn, after that Italy, France, some German regions... In the worst case scenario, another European war is inevitable, however crazy that may sound.
Original post by Trapz99
But they don't have bombs, tanks and guns for the most part. They are not as dangerous as Ilsmaic extremists. They really aren't a danger. Many of them are just people proud of their white identity.

They are a danger. As I said, we've had several recent attacks with far-right nationalism as the motive. Several foiled attacks, including one massive attack aimed at the Euro 2016 games with an arsenal of guns, bombs and bullet proof vests raided. We will see more with our people becoming increasingly numb to terror attacks committed in the name of ISIS, and because of immigration.

When it comes to the hateful sentiment that is developing in politics, and also the likely increase in far-right sentiment, as Brexit will not be delivered in the form that any of these people want, support for this will increase. With it becoming increasingly integrated in politics, I worry for this country.
Reply 7
They are a danger. As I said, we've had several recent attacks with far-right nationalism as the motive. Several foiled attacks, including one massive attack aimed at the Euro 2016 games with an arsenal of guns, bombs and bullet proof vests raided. We will see more with our people becoming increasingly numb to terror attacks committed in the name of ISIS, and because of immigration.

When it comes to the hateful sentiment that is developing in politics, and also the likely increase in far-right sentiment, as Brexit will not be delivered in the form that any of these people want, support for this will increase. With it becoming increasingly integrated in politics, I worry for this country.

I worry far more about ISIS and Islamic terrorism. They are many Islamic terrorists hiding in this country who are planning attacks and that's far more worrying.
Original post by Trapz99
I worry far more about ISIS and Islamic terrorism. They are many Islamic terrorists hiding in this country who are planning attacks and that's far more worrying.

How do you actually know this?
Yet, most of the growth seems to be coming from the United States. It shouldn't come as a shock to us to know that race relations in the US have reached an all time low, despite there being a black president. The Democrats' obsession with identity politics has rapidly deteriorated race relations. Funnily enough, race relations in the US were considered at best under George Bush.
How do you actually know this?

Are you actually being serious? The police raid a new house in a terrible raid pretty much every week. It's undeniable that there are Islamic terrorists-in-waiting in this country, especially when we have such a large Muslim population.
Reply 11
Yes white racists are very worried and scared these days because of their declining population and non whites increasing in percentage of the population in their countries. They have a severe endangered species mentality which is driving their racist xenophobic bigotry.

But they should blame themselves for not reproducing more and also for their own recessive genes.

How many people have died as a result of white nationalism last year?

How many people have died as a result of Islamic State last year?

Stop being so hysterical.
Original post by faston2k16
Are you actually being serious? The police raid a new house in a terrible raid pretty much every week. It's undeniable that there are Islamic terrorists-in-waiting in this country, especially when we have such a large Muslim population.

Can you please link me the relevant news story?
Original post by jake4198
How many people have died as a result of white nationalism last year?

How many people have died as a result of Islamic State last year?

Stop being so hysterical.

What about the millions who died because of white nationalism back in the 1930s-40s?

This isn't about what has happened in the last year, its about the trajectory of white nationalism in this country, and evidently it is increasing.
Can you please link me the relevant news story?

I'm not the guy you asked but:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/26/british-anti-terrorism-raid-nets-5-suspects-army-b/

But you've got to be kidding me if you think we don't have a problem with Islamic terrorism. It's a fact that there are Islamic terrorists in this country waiting to carry out an attack.

I'd worry more about the number of sympathisers and apologists for both terrorists and nationalists than i would the actual number.

At any rate i don't see why this information would shock anybody given that blatent disregard for ethno-cultural stability both european and US governments have shown (though far worse in Europe).

But diversity is good remember, it's bad to import white Christians/atheists who are probably more skilled, wealthy and educated.
Original post by biglad2k16
I'm not the guy you asked but:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/26/british-anti-terrorism-raid-nets-5-suspects-army-b/

But you've got to be kidding me if you think we don't have a problem with Islamic terrorism. It's a fact that there are Islamic terrorists in this country waiting to carry out an attack.

this does not prove that there are 'many many Islamic extremists out there waiting to carry out attacks', which is what the point was originally about.
Original post by jake4198
Yet, most of the growth seems to be coming from the United States. It shouldn't come as a shock to us to know that race relations in the US have reached an all time low, despite there being a black president. The Democrats' obsession with identity politics has rapidly deteriorated race relations. Funnily enough, race relations in the US were considered at best under George Bush.

One imagines that what is happening in Europe is for the nationalists in the US somewhat vindicating them in their eyes and scaring those who would sit on the fence normally when a nationalists comes and says 'don't believe me.. Merkel just imported a million Muslims'.
White nationalists, unlike the current establishment, might be able to fight ISIS effectively.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending