The Student Room Group

Ok give me one reason why Warwick isn't a great university

Other than just "Oxbridge has a better reputation" because that has absolutely no effect on WW.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Warwick is in the middle of nowhere, it's great as a "university" but your social life might be affected. Though Leamington Spa/Coventry isn't that bad, but it isn't exactly London or Manchester.
(edited 7 years ago)
it is in Coventry ?
Original post by the bear
it is in Coventry ?

Yes
it's like "University of Sunderland" being located in Gateshead lol
Reply 5
Original post by shawn_o1
it's like "University of Sunderland" being located in Gateshead lol

... which means what exactly ?
There are about a Million Universities better than them.

And that's just the ones in London
Don't get brainwashed by this site, Warwick is one of the elite UK unis and amazing in every respect.
Reply 8
Original post by Vividly clear
There are about a Million Universities better than them.

And that's just the ones in London

A million?
A
Million.

And that's not a point at all
Original post by BabyLadDarren
Don't get brainwashed by this site, Warwick is one of the elite UK unis and amazing in every respect.

Yh I'd put Warwick over Queens, City, Westminster any day
Original post by BurdMan
A million?
A
Million.

And that's not a point at all

It's called hyperbole.

Warwick is a decent uni, it's not necessarily the Uni that makes people hate warwick, it's just the ugly location and the pretentious pompous pri*cks that go there and act as if going there is equivalent to being an astronaut
Original post by Vividly clear
It's called hyperbole.

Warwick is a decent uni, it's not necessarily the Uni that makes people hate warwick, it's just the ugly location and the pretentious pompous pri*cks that go there and act as if going there is equivalent to being an astronaut

you do the EXACT same thing about king's college london.
Original post by tanyapotter
you do the EXACT same thing about king's college london.

No, not really.

You're just obsessed with the Prince of all saiyans
Original post by Ze Witcher
Yh I'd put Warwick over Queens, City, Westminster any day

Not to be disrespectful but City (not Cass) is a mediocre university at best and westminster is below average.

Queens is probably the worst out of all the RG unis. I doubt anyone in the country would talk about those unis in the same league as Warwick.
Not to be disrespectful but City (not Cass) is a mediocre university at best and westminster is below average.

Queens is probably the worst out of all the RG unis. I doubt anyone in the country would talk about those unis in the same league as Warwick.

He was just referring to Uni's in London so I made a judgement
its perfectly fine, not sure why there seems to be this ongoing tsr debate about it

This is the correct answer.

There a couple of negative things about Warwick (which are mostly down to personal preference), namely the location.

But Warwick is a top university and any one who thinks otherwise is clearly salty that they didn't get an offer from them.
Reply 17
Woxbridge.
Warwick is a phenomenal university. Definitely worth going there over UCL, KCL, LSE. It is gonna give you near identical opportunities without the pain in the ass factor of being on a *****y campus in London.

Only bad thing about Warwick is that the main attraction in Coventry is the IKEA in the center of the city.

Oh and there is not much wrong with QMUL. I don't get the hate. Only thing it has going against it is once again, being in London.
Reply 19
Original post by JohnGreek
It has insecure students like you who secretly wished they'd ended up at more reputable universities.

Just stop the Warwick threads... please.

Seriously... I'm not even in university...

And this is exactly what I mean, it tells me nothing about the university whatsoever, it's just some arrogant BS that doesn't help anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending