The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SampleX
Me, too! I really need to make sure I get good grades, and I'm already all kinds of stressed about how I'm going to turn my grades around. 😂
Posted from TSR Mobile

Having gotten good grades that really don't count for much, i need to make sure i don't get complacent and end up with Us :s-smilie:
But we can definitely manage to get good grades this year :u:
Original post by Gogregg
Having gotten good grades that really don't count for much, i need to make sure i don't get complacent and end up with Us :s-smilie:

Fingers crossed! Although Spanish will be the death of me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gogregg
Do you start tomorrow? :h:
I start on Tuesday, and I sort of can't wait to start, but I'm sort of dreading it :eek:

Original post by thevamps99xo
I start Year 13 this week!!! Crazy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I start on Wednesday :argh: Have my UKCAT Monday, Interview with school on tuesday (about predictions, aims after sixth form, what I am dropping, raw marks and advice etc) then school wow this week is just so great (!). I actually want to go back too, to see everyone and actually not being bored out of my mind haha, although the work not so much
Original post by SampleX
Fingers crossed! Although Spanish will be the death of me
Posted from TSR Mobile

If anyone can do it, you can :u:

Original post by isabella1999
I start on Wednesday :argh: Have my UKCAT Monday, Interview with school on tuesday (about predictions, aims after sixth form, what I am dropping, raw marks and advice etc) then school wow this week is just so great (!). I actually want to go back too, to see everyone and actually not being bored out of my mind haha, although the work not so much

Ooh, good luck for your UKCAT!
I think seeing everyone will be one of the highlights :colondollar:
Original post by Gogregg

I'm going to work 10x or more harder this year, but I'm also going to try to not stress myself out else I will be put off doing the work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't believe i start year 13 on thursday :eek:, absolutely dreading finding out my grade predictions:s-smilie:
I'm going to work 10x or more harder this year, but I'm also going to try to not stress myself out else I will be put off doing the work

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know I'm going to be stressed out regardless, so i may as well work hard and get good grades out of it :lol:
That said, I'm going to try enjoy myself more, hopefully I'll pass my driving test soon and be able meet up with friends easier :h:
Original post by BR1999
Can't believe i start year 13 on thursday :eek:, absolutely dreading finding out my grade predictions:s-smilie:

This is me!! I think getting uni offers will be somewhat interesting....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 248
Original post by BR1999

Just buy your teacher chocolates to bump up your grade prediction!
Original post by jamestg
Just buy your teacher chocolates to bump up your grade prediction!

I just charm them with some banter :biggrin::biggrin:
I'm starting tomorrow bright and early with a meeting with my head of sixth form about which subject I'm actually dropping and how annoyed my family is about them messing me around with what I can and can't drop...

Should be fun! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got AAB at AS and i really don't know whether my business teacher will give me an A* prediction, like I'm top of the year in this subject, but i did poor on unit 1 but got practically full marks on unit 2. I just hope he looks beyond my exam performance and looks at the straight 100% I achieved all year :colone:. What grade predictions are you needing?
Original post by BR1999
I got AAB at AS and i really don't know whether my business teacher will give me an A* prediction, like I'm top of the year in this subject, but i did poor on unit 1 but got practically full marks on unit 2. I just hope he looks beyond my exam performance and looks at the straight 100% I achieved all year :colone:. What grade predictions are you needing?

I really need either Bs or Cs, but god knows what will happen :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gogregg
If anyone can do it, you can :u:

Ooh, good luck for your UKCAT!
I think seeing everyone will be one of the highlights :colondollar:

True that, I wish I went to a school in which everyone lives locally, only seen like 5 friends this summer as they are the only ones who live in like a 5-10 mile radius :s-smilie:
Original post by Steliata
I'm starting tomorrow bright and early with a meeting with my head of sixth form about which subject I'm actually dropping and how annoyed my family is about them messing me around with what I can and can't drop...

Should be fun! :redface:

Good luck :biggrin:, what subject are you wanting to drop?
I really need either Bs or Cs, but god knows what will happen :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't even spoke to my teachers since results day, and i think they have already predicted them :s-smilie:
Original post by BR1999

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, need A*A*AA at least... hopefully better but my teachers are so strict about predictions doubt they would budge if they have already predicted me an A :colonhash: And going to try and see uni applications as a fun journey, a new start etc maybe if I say it enough the stress will go away
Me too, need A*A*AA at least... hopefully better but my teachers are so strict about predictions doubt they would budge if they have already predicted me an A :colonhash: And going to try and see uni applications as a fun journey, a new start etc maybe if I say it enough the stress will go away

It's exciting, because you know that wherever you go will be your home for 3/4 years, and new opportunities will pop up from that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want high predicted grades because it really motivates me, but i think I'm going to be predicted AAA :frown: (Don't get me wrong they're good predictions), but I'm applying to do law and this is basically the bare minimum entry requirements.

But I'm really excited where ever i go, i can't wait for the freedom :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
It's exciting, because you know that wherever you go will be your home for 3/4 years, and new opportunities will pop up from that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

5/6 years for me lol and it would be exciting if it was not for the fact that 67% of all medicine applicants get four rejections, ahhh

Quick Reply

Latest