The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy NFL Thread 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Monkey_Pete
currently i am torn between Goskowski, Marshawn Lynch or the Browns Defence for the first pick. Will hopefully decide by Sunday evening

Whoever misses the draft (there's always one) is getting Gotskowski in the 7th because of NFL.coms default setting of drafting starters before backups. The moral of the story is of course, do not miss the draft.
Reply 41
Original post by Wattsy
Whoever misses the draft (there's always one) is getting Gotskowski in the 7th because of NFL.coms default setting of drafting starters before backups. The moral of the story is of course, do not miss the draft.

Maybe I'll take inspiration from the raiders and take a kicker in the 1st
Reply 42
Original post by Monkey_Pete
currently i am torn between Goskowski, Marshawn Lynch or the Browns Defence for the first pick. Will hopefully decide by Sunday evening

Listen to the Rams goff is worth the 1st pick.
I know my first pick already. I hope he's available at #2.
Reply 44
I know who I have at 10 and 11 but neither are blue chip fantasy keystones. They're people who can take you to the Championship but both have question marks.
Original post by jammy4041
I know my first pick already. I hope he's available at #2.

I have actually already decided who i am taking first and told Motorbiker. If you tell me who you want, i will let you know if they will be avaliable
Reply 46
Please PM me your email addresses so I can invite you to the league.*
Reply 47
I'm going to use a random number generator to sort out the divisions.

Odd = Division 1
Even = Division 2

Division Order Imput.png

Division Order.png

Therefore the divisions are as follows:

Division 1
Knockin' on Evans' Door
Tebow's Third Down Conversion
Red Wright 88
Please let me get A-Rod (R)
Shad Khan has a Swimming Pool

Division 2
Hernandez Pistol Offense
Clinton-Dix Trump*
Supreme Leader Kim Jon Goodell (R)
Laces out
Dez Caught It
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
I'm going to use a random number generator to sort out the divisions.

Odd = Division 1
Even = Division 2

Therefore the divisions are as follows:

Division 1
Knockin' on Evans' Door
Tebow's Third Down Conversion
Red Wright 88
Please let me get A-Rod
Shad Khan has a Swimming Pool

Division 2
Hernandez Pistol Offense
Clinton-Dix Trump
Supreme Leader Kim Jon Goodell
Laces out
Dez caught it

Looks good. Done a few mock drafts today in preparation. Could you annotate those lists with the people who are new players and who are more experienced. Hopefully each conference got a mix of both?
Reply 49
DT, back again with his **** mocks attitude that lead him to underwhelming GCSE results. I better do some reading today. I have no clue how to approach this year other than fail in the draft and survive off the wire.
What happens when I make the play-offs (lol), what happens to the players in your team that haven't made it? Is that where this 'waiver wire' comes in?

Edit: Just saw the schedule and realised it only runs during the regular season, cool
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by Kenan and Kel
What happens when I make the play-offs (lol), what happens to the players in your team that haven't made it? Is that where this 'waiver wire' comes in?

The playoffs are week 15 & 16
Reply 53

Edit: Just saw the schedule and realised it only runs during the regular season, cool

The waiver wire is used to ditch injured/ineffective/bye week players that you drafted (because we will all draft a disappointment or three) and pick up better players, usually those players which surprise everyone and emerge as the season progresses.
Original post by Wattsy
The waiver wire is used to ditch injured/ineffective/bye week players that you drafted (because we will all draft a disappointment or three) and pick up better players, usually those players which surprise everyone and emerge as the season progresses.

When drafting, are there limits to who your first pick can be? For example, could you pick a Defensive Team or Kicker as your #1 pick?
When drafting, are there limits to who your first pick can be? For example, could you pick a Defensive Team or Kicker as your #1 pick?

You can but people would assume you're trolling the league and get kind of annoyed. The only picks that make sense #1 are usually WRs or RBs, sometimes a QB might be in the mix.
Reply 56
Original post by SmashConcept
You can but people would assume you're trolling the league and get kind of annoyed. The only picks that make sense #1 are usually WRs or RBs, sometimes a QB might be in the mix.

Or gronk
Reply 57
Smash has the right of it. The only picks that should be allowed at #1 this year are Antonio Brown, OBJ, Julio Jones, Todd Gurley IMO. For me it would be Brown nailed on.
Original post by joecphillips
Or gronk

First round I get, but I'm pretty skeptical of him being a legit #1 choice.

Original post by Wattsy
Smash has the right of it. The only picks that should be allowed at #1 this year are Antonio Brown, OBJ, Julio Jones, Todd Gurley IMO. For me it would be Brown nailed on.

I wouldn't have a problem with someone taking Zeke or Peterson.
Reply 59
Original post by SmashConcept
First round I get, but I'm pretty skeptical of him being a legit #1 choice.

I wouldn't have a problem with someone taking Zeke or Peterson.

I don't think he is a number 1 choice but I think some people would see him as a potential number 1

Quick Reply

Latest