The Student Room Group

GCSE english speaking !!!!

Im doing my english speaking soon and I have a few ideas about what I could speak about them being DofE and the differences between gender pay in the job world. But i don't no whether to do that or not, any other ideas will be very useful.
Original post by supergirl12345
Im doing my english speaking soon and I have a few ideas about what I could speak about them being DofE and the differences between gender pay in the job world. But i don't no whether to do that or not, any other ideas will be very useful.

Go with whatever you can speak passionately about, and that you have a decent amount of knowledge about, so that you may answer questions confidently.
Original post by _gcx
Go with whatever you can speak passionately about, and that you have a decent amount of knowledge about, so that you may answer questions confidently.

Im not very passionate about any of these ideas but there the only ones one thought of that i would be able to do. what ideas would you suggest that i do?
Im not very passionate about any of these ideas but there the only ones one thought of that i would be able to do. what ideas would you suggest that i do?

Well, I can't really answer that question.

Are there any topics that you're passionate about, and would be able to speak about for ~4-6 minutes?
Does this gcse english speaking count for anything? My teacher said it doesnt
I did 'Stop Animal Cruelty' for mine :u:
Original post by _gcx
Well, I can't really answer that question.

Are there any topics that you're passionate about, and would be able to speak about for ~4-6 minutes?

what would you do out of the two ideas i have ?
Original post by XTim96
Does this gcse english speaking count for anything? My teacher said it doesnt

No, it doesn't, you'll simply have an "endorsement", ie. D, M, P or Fail.

what would you do out of the two ideas i have ?

Personally, pay, but that's simply because I know nothing about DofE. If it helps, someone did do a presentation, in my class, on the DofE award and got a D (Distinction, highest grade).

Quick Reply

Latest