The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by Princepieman

I only know that UBS and RBS have a 300 and 320 points requirements respectively for all functions.

For the other banks e.g JP, GS, CS, DB and BarCap they don't mention ucas. Is okay to apply to the banks I mentioned for finance grad with my A-levels grades?
Original post by e^x
I only know that UBS and RBS have a 300 and 320 points requirements respectively for all functions.

For the other banks e.g JP, GS, CS, DB and BarCap they don't mention ucas. Is okay to apply to the banks I mentioned for finance grad with my A-levels grades?

RBS got rid of their ucas point requirement this year, and aren't recruiting for traditional investment banking or trading btw

I would assume so yeah. And even if you don't meet them, may as well apply anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, Just did my Lazard numerical and messed the last couple questions up. If you fail do they let you know straight away?
Guys does the test for MS really fall automatically right after you submit ? it's been 10mins >:frown:
Original post by savonarola
Guys does the test for MS really fall automatically right after you submit ? it's been 10mins >:frown:

You normally get notified within 48 hours if you've failed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
You normally get notified within 48 hours if you've failed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

no i mean getting the test ....
This new Citi application interface is weird, I want to apply for 2 different programs, but can't update cover letter for the second application. Anyone has experienced this?

yeah, I got mine right after submission

Mine took two days to come :smile:. IBD
Original post by alexjones1994
Mine took two days to come :smile:. IBD

thx i was freaking out
thx i was freaking out

It might be a Sunday thing? I also applied on Sunday and didn't get the test till Tuesday.
Original post by olly_price
Lol so basically you think you're 20-odd years old and think you're better than RBC? Get a grip mate. One piece of recurring advice I see given to summer analysts is to not be big headed as it won't get you anywhere.

thanks for the advice mate lol

its not that big headed to say they're not a priority when they make 10th on the list for all products and dont even make the top 10 for M&A, Equities or Bonds http://markets.ft.com/investmentBanking/tablesAndTrends.asp
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1252
RBS got rid of their ucas point requirement this year, and aren't recruiting for traditional investment banking or trading btw

I would assume so yeah. And even if you don't meet them, may as well apply anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for that info. What do u think about making a latex CV, does it have any advantages? My CV is in PDF format.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by e^x
Thanks for that info. What do u think about making a latex CV, does it have any advantages?

Right my CV is in PDF format.

Latex is nice because you can structure it fairly well, but it doesn't have any huge advantages.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I put 2017 as my graduation year in Greenhill application, it asks what are your plans for 2017/18. Do you think it is reasonable to say I plan working? Other options are masters, travel and other without specifying.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by olly_price
Lol so basically you think you're 20-odd years old and think you're better than RBC? Get a grip mate. One piece of recurring advice I see given to summer analysts is to not be big headed as it won't get you anywhere.

Surely if you aren't Canadian you cant work there anyway?
Original post by Dante991
For pre-university qualifications, did you put your GCSEs after your a levels? because that seems so long to list them all

nah, no point - they dont really care and its already on your cv
Original post by Lukaz-42
Surely if you aren't Canadian you cant work there anyway?

gr8 banter, keep it up mate 2/7

Posted from TSR Mobile
gr8 banter, keep it up mate 2/7

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least I can spell great.
Original post by Lukaz-42
At least I can spell great.

j'aime le bavarder

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending