The Student Room Group

Starting 6 form!

I need to ask a question. My teachers have said to prepare for a level biology chemistry by studying d bridging d gap cgp books a week b4 starting 6 form. Altho i hve left it to d last two dayyyssss. is it necessary to have revisited all the content or could i mellow down in d. First week... Revising revisiting as i go along?
Original post by Kamisharam123
I need to ask a question. My teachers have said to prepare for a level biology chemistry by studying d bridging d gap cgp books a week b4 starting 6 form. Altho i hve left it to d last two dayyyssss. is it necessary to have revisited all the content or could i mellow down in d. First week... Revising revisiting as i go along?

I'm not sure I understand the question completely for lack of actual words, but I'm assuming you're asking if you can get away with not having done the revision? Sure, maybe. You'd have to really keep on top of it, and have a real knack for what you're taking. Is there a reason you didn't do the revision they asked you to or could you just not be bothered? If it's the latter, I'd reconsider your A-Level choices. You need to keep on top of revision and studying to get the grades.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I'm not sure I understand the question completely for lack of actual words, but I'm assuming you're asking if you can get away with not having done the revision? Sure, maybe. You'd have to really keep on top of it, and have a real knack for what you're taking. Is there a reason you didn't do the revision they asked you to or could you just not be bothered? If it's the latter, I'd reconsider your A-Level choices. You need to keep on top of revision and studying to get the grades.

No of course i would keep on top of the work. Im just generally asking. As i havent actually begun d a level course, wouldn't it be fine to have not covered completely everything. Like some a level concepts?? Considering we'd be taught it anyway
No of course i would keep on top of the work. Im just generally asking. As i havent actually begun d a level course, wouldn't it be fine to have not covered completely everything. Like some a level concepts?? Considering we'd be taught it anyway

Im trying to revisit all gcse stuff first b4 hand

I'm sure they won't expect you to have studied the whole A-Level course if that's what you mean. They will have asked you to study this week for a reason though. Two days is better than nothing, so it's worth getting started now
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I'm sure they won't expect you to have studied the whole A-Level course if that's what you mean. They will have asked you to study this week for a reason though. Two days is better than nothing, so it's worth getting started now

Yep ive been studying. In d books tho there is a lot of a level concepts, less than gcse knowledge so im trying my best to do as much as i can. Wid d a level work it takes morr time to absorb in as its more complex.

Quick Reply