The Student Room Group

Meeting up with girl from tinder soon, what to do in meantime

So I've been speaking to this girl on tinder for a couple of weeks and shes moving to my area next week and we've established that we're going to meet up have some drinks etc. But over the last few days the conversations have kinda dried up a bit she doesn't initiate convos and gives conversation killer responses to quite a lot of messages such as "Yeah" or "haha" that kind of stuff. Kinda stumped on what to do, should I just stop messaging her until she moves to my area or what?
Reply 1
classic warning signals of a date flake

try and get her on the phone to keep things alive

there's not much else you can do tbh than hope for the best
Original post by ANM775
classic warning signals of a date flake

try and get her on the phone to keep things alive

there's not much else you can do tbh than hope for the best

yeah kinda worried that's the case.. strange though she was the one who messaged first and wanted to set a date up in the first place
Continue your life like normal?
Original post by I am Kira
Continue your life like normal?

i meant regarding contact with the girl lol.. kinda unsurprising that someone with an anime profile picture gives a useless autistic response....
Original post by spenkersotelo
i meant regarding contact with the girl lol.. kinda unsurprising that someone with an anime profile picture gives a useless autistic response....

Lol mate I meant you should just play it cool, you have your own life too and you shouldn't be acting too clingy. If she's drying up the convo don't reply. When she comes near you start a convo and ask to meet up. For the mean time continue your life:tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by spenkersotelo
yeah kinda worried that's the case.. strange though she was the one who messaged first and wanted to set a date up in the first place

you took too long to set up a date.

generally you want to get a woman out in under a week.

There's only so much times you can say hows your day been or what ya upto ..before it gets boring and the conversation starts to ebb.

She was in another area though so this probably why you didn't meet up with her sooner. However If it were me, knowing what I know about online dating, knowing that by time she arrives in my area the convo would likely be dead and the odds of her coming out to meet me therefore low, I would have offered to travel upto her area by coach/train/bus or something so i could meet her quicker.

In your favor you've got that she was the one who initiated contact. Girls who initiate contact are less likely to flake than the girls you've reached out to yourself.

However a lot of time has lapsed since you first started taking and she's obviously getting bored, If you do end up meeting her count yourself lucky.
Original post by I am Kira
Lol mate I meant you should just play it cool, you have your own life too and you shouldn't be acting too clingy. If she's drying up the convo don't reply. When she comes near you start a convo and ask to meet up. For the mean time continue your life:tongue:

fair enough, perhaps my initial reaction to your post was a bit rude and blunt lol sorry. you have a good point
Reply 8
probably getting the D from someone else now
Original post by ANM775
you took too long to set up a date.

generally you want to get a woman out in under a week.

There's only so much times you can say hows your day been or what ya upto ..before it gets boring and the conversation starts to ebb.

She was in another area though so this probably why you didn't meet up with her sooner. However If it were me, knowing what I know about online dating, knowing that by time she arrives in my area the convo would likely be dead and the odds of her coming out to meet me therefore low, I would have offered to travel upto her area by coach/train/bus or something so i could meet her quicker.

In your favor you've got that she was the one who initiated contact. Girls who initiate contact are less likely to flake than the girls you've reached out to yourself.

However a lot of time has lapsed since you first started taking and she's obviously getting bored, If you do end up meeting her count yourself lucky.

yeah ive only met 1 girl through tinder and i set that date up within 1 week of matching so i see your point, with this one i assumed she would still be interested by the time she moved haha since it was just a couple of weeks, hoping for the best.
Sounds like a flake dude.
Well, Ive been educated today and learnt what a 'date flake' is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending