The Student Room Group

Labour MP Keith Vaz paid for male prostitutes

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/sep/04/keith-vaz-to-step-down-commons-committee-chair-sunday-mirror-sex-claims

The Sunday Mirror reported that Keith Vaz used the services of male prositutes, making him a possible pimp.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Labour, not even once
Oh deary me.
Allegedly "requested them to bring poppers."
Chairs the committee enquiring into prostitution and whether punters should be prosecuted.
If I was him I would put in aan expenses claim now for the poppers saying he was carrying out research.😊
Who cares?

All aspects of prostitution should be legal (save soliciting on street corners I guess) and all aspects of MPs' personal lives should be irrelevant.
Original post by ftw93
Labour, not even once

Eh?
Yeah it's disgusting and deceiving and the Muslims voters of Leicester won't vote him back in because of this and so his political career is effectively finished now
Original post by neal95
Yeah it's disgusting and deceiving and the Muslims voters of Leicester won't vote him back in because of this and so his political career is effectively finished now

Only 1/5 of his constituencies voters are Muslims, his seat has a much higher % of Hindus. http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/2015guide/leicestereast/
Don't see what his voter's religions has to do with this anyway..
Original post by Ravenous
Only 1/5 of his constituencies voters are Muslims, his seat has a much higher % of Hindus. http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/2015guide/leicestereast/

I would guess any religious constituents, whatever the religion, will take a pretty dim view of this. Religious people tend to.
Original post by Ravenous

Yeah but 20% is still a lot and I doubt the Hindus will like him.....he was pretty divided in the Hindu community aswell from what I heard and many Hindus don't even vote labour as they are well off business owners and this will further dent his share of the vote
Reply 9
Why do people feel the need to mention that they were male prostitutes?
Does that make what he did an better or worse?
Does he support Corbyn?
Well, he voted in favour of decriminalisation of sex work, if only it had passed this might have been a lesser scandal. Still the penis of a politician is the most important thing to any journalist and that sickens me more than the adultery in all honesty.

Edit: Just did a bit of googling, turns out he protested the publication of Salman Rushdie's The Satanic Verses and tried to ban violent video games and as such I have now lost all sympathy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by BobSausage
Why do people feel the need to mention that they were male prostitutes?
Does that make what he did an better or worse?

Tad odd when you are married with kids no?
Nothing new here. Just about every politician gets up to this sort of stuff.
Reply 14
Original post by Aj12

Are you saying you've never heard of David Bowie?
Who was gay yet still had a wife and 2 children. (just to clarify)
Original post by Aj12

No, not really. That's what happens when society teaches you to suppress your feelings as a gay man.

Are you saying you've never heard of David Bowie?
Who was gay yet still had a wife and 2 children. (just to clarify)

David Bowie wasn't gay. He made that clear.
Reply 16
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Who cares?

All aspects of prostitution should be legal (save soliciting on street corners I guess) and all aspects of MPs' personal lives should be irrelevant.

He is married and has children, it's shameful behaviour in his position.
Reply 17
Original post by ivybridge

David Bowie wasn't gay. He made that clear.

Ok, all I was aware of was the fact he came out, I didn't read into it properly. :smile: But I'm sure there are other examples though of men who are gay but have biological children.
I read the article. He told them he was a washing machine salesman. What is this, 1973? And he must have been the best washing machine salesman in the world to be able to afford all these rent boys :tongue:

What's worrying though is that he barebacked one of these dudes before going home to his wife, despite knowing the risks.
Ok, all I was aware of was the fact he came out, I didn't read into it properly. :smile: But I'm sure there are other examples though of men who are gay but have biological children.

He was camp, androgynous and had songs about homosexuality but wasn't gay (though I have no doubt he experimented), he just said he was gay around the time Ziggy came out and used it to further his career. Then he said he was bisexual. He was awkward answering the question in interviews as well.

Quick Reply