The Student Room Group

I've had enough..

Firstly, I have no idea which forums this belongs to so I'm sorry (not sorry) if it's the wrong one...

So I got back from a year in New Zealand about three weeks ago and it was easily the best thing I've ever done. The freedom and independence you have to truly discover who you are with nobody judging you.

Honestly, since I got back I thought I would be glad to see family and friends again. Turns out, not really that bothered. They are exactly the same as they were before I left, except they do more drugs, which i do not partake in.

It really makes me question why I came back, I just want to go back and be myself, enjoying life. I did come back because my visa expired and I ran outa money.

Been trying to meet new people, but no idea how because I live in a rural area. Been looking for a job for the past 3 weeks and only just got two interviews next week. I hate it here and wish I never came back. Can't exactly leave either because I have about £8 to my name. :frown:

Don't know what this is going to do but I just had to tell someone and let it out.
Reply 1
Short answer:

It was amazing, loved it and felt like I was at home.
I done so much, travelled around, met incredible people from all around the world. The people there are so kind, helpful and make you feel welcome.

Went skydiving, climb mountains, swim in rivers, kayak, camping in forests, parties on vineyards, worked on vineyards, lived in hostels meeting new people all the time, had a hangi, met some maori, stayed on a farm, milked some cows, went hunting with locals, learned how to be self sufficient. Plenty more things too.

Long answer: too long :biggrin:
Original post by spanker
Firstly, I have no idea which forums this belongs to so I'm sorry (not sorry) if it's the wrong one...

So I got back from a year in New Zealand about three weeks ago and it was easily the best thing I've ever done. The freedom and independence you have to truly discover who you are with nobody judging you.

Honestly, since I got back I thought I would be glad to see family and friends again. Turns out, not really that bothered. They are exactly the same as they were before I left, except they do more drugs, which i do not partake in.

It really makes me question why I came back, I just want to go back and be myself, enjoying life. I did come back because my visa expired and I ran outa money.

Been trying to meet new people, but no idea how because I live in a rural area. Been looking for a job for the past 3 weeks and only just got two interviews next week. I hate it here and wish I never came back. Can't exactly leave either because I have about £8 to my name. :frown:

Don't know what this is going to do but I just had to tell someone and let it out.

This is a sign that mentally; emotionally and intellectually, you have moved on from some people and places. Probably as a result of having broadened your frame of reference by having had all these awesome experiences.

Be sure to apply for JSA while looking for work and once in employment, start planning your next adventure. Do what you can to allow your soul to fly rather than be walled in by the narrow minded energy of people around you.
Could you not get a job here to save up money whilst looking for a job over in New Zealand
Reply 4
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
This is a sign that mentally; emotionally and intellectually, you have moved on from some people and places. Probably as a result of having broadened your frame of reference by having had all these awesome experiences.

Be sure to apply for JSA while looking for work and once in employment, start planning your next adventure. Do what you can to allow your soul to fly rather than be walled in by the narrow minded energy of people around you.

Yeah technically I don't have any friends where I live anymore, I still keep in contact with the people I met in New Zealand though and planning a few day trips to meet them in the UK.

I've never been on JSA before and have no idea how it works, I've always found a job by myself. It just seems to be taking a little longer than previous times. I'm already planning my next adventures too, going to travel Europe then rest of the UK and then go back out to New Zealand.

Original post by Pinkberry_y
Could you not get a job here to save up money whilst looking for a job over in New Zealand

I'm currently looking for a job at the moment, have two interviews this week and then I'll work for around 8 months then travel again.

It was incredible, it's hard to describe in words what it felt like.
I guess so, I just need to find a new hobby here. Oh I can never forget New Zealand!
I definitely recommend going if you ever have the chance, don't think of what other people say to try and keep you here - just ignore them.
Google for the number. Initiating a claim for JSA takes just a phone call. That way you will have money coming in even whilst looking for work.

Quick Reply

Latest