The Student Room Group

Urgent Remark Advice Needed.

I am considering a remark in these subjects as I had felt that I should have done slightly better. However, I would also like to get a remark in these subjects as I know my handwriting can be messy at times and I would also like to try my luck. I am however scared that the grade might go down for some subjects which is why I would like to get your advice as to whether a remark would be wise. I would greatly appreciate your advice in this situation.

Biology A OCR 21st Century Total UMS: 229/300 A*=260
B123: 75/100
B456: 84/100
B7: 78/100

220=A

Physics A OCR 21st Century Total UMS: 243/300 A*=260
P123: 80/100
P456:100/100
P7: 73/100

220=A

History A Edexcel Total UMS: 330/400 A*=360
History A1 5HA01: 67/100
History A2 5HA02: 100/100
History A3 5HA03: 70/100

320=A

CA HAS NOT BEEN INCLUDED IN THESE AS THEY ARE ALL ON AN A*

To be honest I expected an A* for History and Biology. During my mocks errors were made due to my handwriting and when later corrected amounted to about 10 marks in a few papers. That is why I would like to get a remark as I have a feeling the same might have happened again.

Thank you for reading through this.
Surely an A* would be 270/300 and not 260, also you are miles away.
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Surely an A* would be 270/300 and not 260, also you are miles away.

The CA is not included as I have stated. That would be out of another 100UMS. If you check the OCR grade boundaries it is in fact 260/300 and I have stated the reason why I am thinking about a remark. Furthermore, a friend of mine who also has messy handwriting has seen immense jumps in terms of UMS from a remark. She even went from a low A to full marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
The CA is not included as I have stated. That would be out of another 100UMS. If you check the OCR grade boundaries it is in fact 260/300 and I have stated the reason why I am thinking about a remark. Furthermore, a friend of mine who also has messy handwriting has seen immense jumps in terms of UMS from a remark. She even went from a low A to full marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you aware of the new remark system?
Will be a big risk spending a lot of money,
Are you aware of the new remark system?

No. I am not aware of the new remark system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honestly, I think that you're too far off :redface:
No. I am not aware of the new remark system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well... It's much harsher :/

They have become savages
Original post by surina16
Honestly, I think that you're too far off :redface:

A friend's English remark went from 240 to 300/300. She has also remarked other papers and they have jumped which is why she advised me to do the same as my handwriting is also hard to read at times.
Well... It's much harsher :/

They have become savages

^^^^^^^^
Reply above this one.
A friend's English remark went from 240 to 300/300. She has also remarked other papers and they have jumped which is why she advised me to do the same as my handwriting is also hard to read at times.

Fair enough but you are also quite close to the A boundaries for Biology and History so the opposite could easily occur. Feel free to go for the remarks but it may be a waste of (a lot of) money and you are risking your grades x

Oh well then, go for it!
I am considering a remark in these subjects as I had felt that I should have done slightly better. However, I would also like to get a remark in these subjects as I know my handwriting can be messy at times and I would also like to try my luck. I am however scared that the grade might go down for some subjects which is why I would like to get your advice as to whether a remark would be wise. I would greatly appreciate your advice in this situation.

Biology A OCR 21st Century Total UMS: 229/300 A*=260
B123: 75/100
B456: 84/100
B7: 78/100

220=A

Physics A OCR 21st Century Total UMS: 243/300 A*=260
P123: 80/100
P456:100/100
P7: 73/100

220=A

History A Edexcel Total UMS: 330/400 A*=360
History A1 5HA01: 67/100
History A2 5HA02: 100/100
History A3 5HA03: 70/100

320=A

CA HAS NOT BEEN INCLUDED IN THESE AS THEY ARE ALL ON AN A*

To be honest I expected an A* for History and Biology. During my mocks errors were made due to my handwriting and when later corrected amounted to about 10 marks in a few papers. That is why I would like to get a remark as I have a feeling the same might have happened again.

Thank you for reading through this.

You're grades aren't gonna go up. You're far away from an A*. An examiner marking you up by 20-30 UMS marks is a theoretical impossibility.
Original post by surina16
Fair enough but you are also quite close to the A boundaries for Biology and History so the opposite could easily occur. Feel free to go for the remarks but it may be a waste of (a lot of) money and you are risking your grades x

That is very true. Which is why I wanted do get advice from TSR members. Do you think that the UMS could drop that far down? Do you know anyone with an experience such as this?
I woud be grateful if anyone who has had a similar experience like my friend who's UMS has jumped after a remark or knows someone with a simiar experience could share it with me. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest