The Student Room Group

What alevels to do 'Graphic Design & illustration'?

What alevel should i take in order to do Graphic Design & illustration for uni?
Not sure why you've posted this in the geography forum? Look on university websites to see what subjects they require. You will probably need to have either Art or Graphics (ideally both). You will also need a good portfolio of work, if you don't have this then you may need to do an art foundation year.
Original post by Snufkin
Not sure why you've posted this in the geography forum? Look on university websites to see what subjects they require. You will probably need to have either Art or Graphics (ideally both). You will also need a good portfolio of work, if you don't have this then you may need to do an art foundation year.

oh ok can i use my AS/A2 Graphics Coursework as my portfolio?
/ i dont think i put this in geography.
Original post by K.H.A.N™
oh ok can i use my AS/A2 Graphics Coursework as my portfolio?
/ i dont think i put this in geography.

Yes, you can - but it may not be enough. I suggest you talk to the universities directly and ask what they require. Non-schoolwork can also be included in your portfolio.
Original post by K.H.A.N™
What alevel should i take in order to do Graphic Design & illustration for uni?

Hi Khan,

I am a student from Ravensbourne, you should have at least one art related subject for A level, as Snufkin already pointed out it would be ideal to have both graphics and art as it shows a diversity and gives you a stronger build of portfolio.
Any work you do outside can also be included, you can try to include some use of colours and line as well. My friend went into the interview with a sketchbook of designs and doodles he had done outside school.

Hope this helps,
Jay :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending