The Student Room Group

Which medical schools do not consider gcse retakes?

Which medical schools do not consider gcse retakes.
As i need to retake mine and wantedto know which ones I should avoid
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Inspiringvisons

Depends on what GCSEs you're talking about - I think unis are a bit stricter with Maths and English. Some unis like Notts only accept GCSE resits if they are done within a two year window after the exams (at least at the time that I had a look) and even then I think there was a limit on the number of resits you can do. But policies on this change yearly, so search the websites of the universities you want to apply to, and if the information is not there, ask them directly.
I meant most of my subjects such as science and geography and maths
I meant most of my subjects such as science and geography and maths

If you need to resit most of your GCSEs I don't think medicine will be for you.
My poor results were due to timing .I was put forward for extra time but I did not get it when I had my real exams
Also i kinda had an existential crisis last year so i did not work to the best of my ability
Reply 6
Instead of resitting you could then apply for exentuating circumstances if you are now allowed extra time?
My poor results were due to timing .I was put forward for extra time but I did not get it when I had my real exams

How did that work?

You were awarded extra time by the exam board and the exam centre didnt give it you, meaning you missed out? If so did you make an appeal or complaint

You requested extra time, but the exam board refused you? In which case why woldnt you adapt and wouldnt you have known this in advance?
Original post by 999tigger
How did that work?

You were awarded extra time by the exam board and the exam centre didnt give it you, meaning you missed out? If so did you make an appeal or complaint

You requested extra time, but the exam board refused you? In which case why woldnt you adapt and wouldnt you have known this in advance?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Original post by ollie1024
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Whats your point?
Whats your point?

Excuse me?
Excuse me?

Whats the purpose of your post#9?
Whats the purpose of your post#9?

Are you trying to be smart?
(edited 7 years ago)
Guys i meant that i was awarded extra time at the start of the year for some subjects but was deemed not to be in need of it for the the real exams so i would not be able to apply for extenuating circumstances anyway.
Reply 14

may I ask what grades you have achieved?
You quoted me for some unknown reason and I asked what was the point you are trying to make? You seem to want to keep it a secret.

If you had simply said the reason or made your point at#9 then there would have veen no need for me to seek clairification.

The question I asked was perfectly reasonable and I see the OP has clarified what he meant.
You quoted me for some unknown reason and I asked what was the point you are trying to make? You seem to want to keep it a secret.

If you had simply said the reason or made your point at#9 then there would have veen no need for me to seek clairification.

The question I asked was perfectly reasonable and I see the OP has clarified what he meant.

Why were you so anxious about what I put, how strange..
I put the arrows ^^^ showing I agreed
Guys i meant that i was awarded extra time at the start of the year for some subjects but was deemed not to be in need of it for the the real exams so i would not be able to apply for extenuating circumstances anyway.

Ok so it was the first one. i was just considering whether it was the fault if the exam centre and whether you could be considered/ appeal fior it to be treated as a first sit, which would have solved the issue. It was the way you explained it in your original post.
Why were you so anxious about what I put, how strange..
I put the arrows ^^^ showing I agreed

It flashed up in my notification and i would have answered whatever question you may have been asking.
It flashed up in my notification and i would have answered whatever question you may have been asking.

Erm I didn't ask a question but okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending