The Student Room Group

subject clash

Im retaking GCSE English while taking my levels and im worried about my alevel choices clashing with my english class is there anything i can do if i really want to do them alevels?
Speak to a teacher(preferably someone with a high position) and explain to them your concern. If you seem mature and hardworking when conversing they're more likely to help you out and make sure that this isn't an issue.
It shouldn't clash, at my sixth form if you have to retake a GCSE you can do it along side your A-level. The lessons don't clash, it just means you will have less free periods as a result.
Reply 3
Original post by OwlOfFire
It shouldn't clash, at my sixth form if you have to retake a GCSE you can do it along side your A-level. The lessons don't clash, it just means you will have less free periods as a result.

Alright thanks! Do you think i will still be in the same class as people if i didnt have to retake ?
for my a levels ofc
Original post by Ninja3
Alright thanks! Do you think i will still be in the same class as people if i didnt have to retake ?
for my a levels ofc

Your classes should stay the same, regardless if you are retaking a subject. It may just mean you have less free time.
Reply 5
Your classes should stay the same, regardless if you are retaking a subject. It may just mean you have less free time.

You think all the re take subjects are always last on the time table?
Original post by Ninja3
You think all the re take subjects are always last on the time table?

They definitely are at my sixth form. You can take 4 A-levels and then resit a GCSE, but if you want to do 5 A-levels then you are not able to resit. So if you resit a GCSE you can only do the 4 (if you see what I mean) as the other 'space' is where you do a resit (instead of a fifth subject)...

I hope that makes sense!
Reply 7
They definitely are at my sixth form. You can take 4 A-levels and then resit a GCSE, but if you want to do 5 A-levels then you are not able to resit. So if you resit a GCSE you can only do the 4 (if you see what I mean) as the other 'space' is where you do a resit (instead of a fifth subject)...

I hope that makes sense!

im doing 3 and a reset
Original post by Ninja3
im doing 3 and a reset

They definitely should not clash then, you will even have quite a few frees. So it should be perfectly fine. :smile:
Reply 9
They definitely should not clash then, you will even have quite a few frees. So it should be perfectly fine. :smile:

now im worried i wont be in my mates class cos they doing some same stuff as me. I only wanna be in their classes because i learn well with them and they help me a lot
Original post by Ninja3
now im worried i wont be in my mates class cos they doing some same stuff as me. I only wanna be in their classes because i learn well with them and they help me a lot

There is a good possibility that you are in the same class. Just because you are resitting one, it doesn't mean they will separate you from everyone else!

Quick Reply

Latest