The Student Room Group

Is this a problem? Please help

Hello everyone, i just wanted some people's advice. The problem is im a 16 year old guy who's voice hasn't got deeper yet. And im starting sixth forme next week and im really nervous.... most of my friends aren't going and im going to have to make some new ones. Im a nice friendly guy but im scared in case my voice will get in the way :frown: all through year 10 everyone teased me for my voice not breaking like everyone's else's have. Its got a little deeper but im nervous as no one will want to be with me. :frown: also, Im not ugly or weird or anything, I've just got a higher voice than everyone else, is this going to be a problem? Im quite shy too so it makes it a little harder.

Thanks everyone who replies, it means a lot to me! :smile:
Nope dont let it worry you. It will drop when it drops if at all. Anyone who is immature enough to make an issue about it isnt worth having as a friend, so learn to ignore it. once people relaise it doesnt bother you it makes them look silly. If they know they can tease you about it, ten they will do it. thats what young people do. They tend to be a bot more mature and interested in studying during 6th form.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hello everyone, i just wanted some people's advice. The problem is im a 16 year old guy who's voice hasn't got deeper yet. And im starting sixth forme next week and im really nervous.... most of my friends aren't going and im going to have to make some new ones. Im a nice friendly guy but im scared in case my voice will get in the way :frown: all through year 10 everyone teased me for my voice not breaking like everyone's else's have. Its got a little deeper but im nervous as no one will want to be with me. :frown: also, Im not ugly or weird or anything, I've just got a higher voice than everyone else, is this going to be a problem? Im quite shy too so it makes it a little harder.

Thanks everyone who replies, it means a lot to me! :smile:

Hey! I don't really think that it is a problem and I believe that people in Sixth form should be more mature than in secondary school and understand you :smile: I'm starting Sixth form next week as well and I'm also a bit shy person so I don't know how it will go.
It's okay, when your voice drops it won't be that much. Only some guys have a really deep voice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Nope dont let it worry you. It will drop when it drops if at all. Anyone who is immature enough to make an issue about it isnt worth having as a friend, so learn to ignore it. once people relaise it doesnt bother you it makes them look silly. If they know they can tease you about it, ten they will do it. thats what young people do. They tend to be a bot more mature and interested in studying during 6th form.

Thanks :smile:! Hopefully you are right and I'm glad people are more mature in it. Im just hoping there ain't any idiots in 6th form!
Reply 5
Original post by In2u
Hey! I don't really think that it is a problem and I believe that people in Sixth form should be more mature than in secondary school and understand you :smile: I'm starting Sixth form next week as well and I'm also a bit shy person so I don't know how it will go.

Thank you! :smile: so glad people are more mature in 6th form. I don't know why but its the boys who laugh, the girls aren't bothered for some reason. Guess boys are more idiots aha.
Reply 6
Thank you! :smile: so glad people are more mature in 6th form. I don't know why but its the boys who laugh, the girls aren't bothered for some reason. Guess boys are more idiots aha.

Yep, true! Girls are not bothered at all about it :smile:
Thanks :smile:! Hopefully you are right and I'm glad people are more mature in it. Im just hoping there ain't any idiots in 6th form!

There are guaranteed idiots. just ignore them and hopefully everyone will be fine. You are there to study and theres a ood chance after A levels are over you wont see them again. Its important I think to get on well with your coursemates and the other ones who are new will be open to having lucnh with you etc. Maybe if you are overly nervous then home in on the new pipuls who are doing your subjects.
Reply 8
Original post by In2u
Yep, true! Girls are not bothered at all about it :smile:

Thanks for the kind words! :smile: i appreciate it a lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending