The Student Room Group

Will Maths Physics and economics have AS exams??

Im so confused, is it different for each school?? My school is making people pick 4 but when I asked why and about there being no As anymore they said it depends on the subject???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ksj.11
Im so confused, is it different for each school?? My school is making people pick 4 but when I asked why and about there being no As anymore they said it depends on the subject???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths has an exam as I think it's not reformed till next year not sure about economics but physics doesn't have unless your sixth form wants you to do external exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, Economics will have an AS exam.
Original post by ksj.11

Posted from TSR Mobile

Economics has 2 AS papers at the end of the year (Micro&Macro), and 3 at the end of the whole A-level course.
Math, as far as I know, has papers C1, C2 + 2 applied at the end of AS, but not 100% sure.
Physics also has 2 AS papers, as far as I know.
All subjects have AS exams but a lot of them do not count towards your final A level grade. Out of the subjects that you've mentioned only the AS exams for maths counts towards the final A level grade. You do not have to do ASs for the other two subjects but it could be useful to do so as universities will have a good indication of your ability. Some schools force you to do ASs regardless of if you have to or not.
Original post by keepyourapology

Math, as far as I know, has papers C1, C2 + 2 applied at the end of AS.

Its generally C1, C2 and 1 applied for most schools but some people do take an extra module.
Reply 6
Original post by Ze Witcher
Its generally C1, C2 and 1 applied for most schools but some people do take an extra module.

So will I get an AS grade in maths from those exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ksj.11
So will I get an AS grade in maths from those exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, C1,C2 and 1 applied
Every subject has AS exams but some don't count towards the full A level in your case the only subject that counts towards the full A level is maths so you will have to sit those AS exams. Whether or not you sit the AS exams for the other two subjects depends on your school
Reply 9
Original post by swagmister
Every subject has AS exams but some don't count towards the full A level in your case the only subject that counts towards the full A level is maths so you will have to sit those AS exams. Whether or not you sit the AS exams for the other two subjects depends on your school

So for physics and economics I wont get an AS grade, but the exams will makeup some of my grade in year 13?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ksj.11
So for physics and economics I wont get an AS grade, but the exams will makeup some of my grade in year 13?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If your school do make you sit the exams, as mine did, you will get an AS grade. But if you decide to take that subject to A2 your AS grade will no longer count but you'll still have to declare the AS grade on UCAS

Quick Reply

Latest