The Student Room Group

Need more maintenance loan

Hi
one of my parents are no longer in work and I'm hoping for more maintenance loan to cover Halls cost etc. My parent has completed a form from SF to state this, Does anyone know when I'll hear if my loan will go up? I will be studying in London and what they have said I'll receive will not cover of cost Halls.
Thanks
Original post by betty Roberts
Hi
one of my parents are no longer in work and I'm hoping for more maintenance loan to cover Halls cost etc. My parent has completed a form from SF to state this, Does anyone know when I'll hear if my loan will go up? I will be studying in London and what they have said I'll receive will not cover of cost Halls.
Thanks

It can take up to 6 weeks for your application to be reassessed - any increase will be backdated (so you're likely to get the Autumn term increase along with your spring term loan in January).

Make sure you've got a good student bank account with an overdraft to help fund the gap in money for your first term and speak to your university about hardship grants and loans that can also help bridge the gap.

If you ring SFE they might be able to give you a better indication about when your assessment will be sorted out (and by ringing regularly you can make sure it's done as quickly as possible).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending