The Student Room Group

Did I do the right thing by saying no

As much as I hate it, I said no the love of my life. She is completely different than me. We are the polar opposites. I am quiet, introvert, staying in all the time kind of guy but she is outgoing, always partying type of girl. I love her and I think she likes me as well, but I don't think she'd be happy with me. So did I do the right thing?

Scroll to see replies

No you did not do the right thing here. What what if you're different? Yeah it's sh** if a relationship doesn't work out eventually but you can't nip it in the bud like this before anything has even happened because of something you perceive is bad
How can she be "the love of your life" if you told her no?
Doubt she was the love of your life, there will be plenty more.

How can she be if you dont even know if she likes you?

What was it you said no to? She propose?

If it were me, then id suggest you give it a go and talk to the person about your concerns about differences.
Reply 4
Original post by Pinkberry_y
No you did not do the right thing here. What what if you're different? Yeah it's sh** if a relationship doesn't work out eventually but you can't nip it in the bud like this before anything has even happened because of something you perceive is bad

So basically I effed up. I don't think I can undo it since she doesn't even speak to me anymore. She's trying to avoid me, maybe it's normal after what happenend?
Original post by Anonymous
So basically I effed up. I don't think I can undo it since she doesn't even speak to me anymore. She's trying to avoid me, maybe it's normal after what happenend?

Then move on if she's not speaking to you anymore.
How did you eff up?
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
Doubt she was the love of your life, there will be plenty more.

How can she be if you dont even know if she likes you?

What was it you said no to? She propose?

If it were me, then id suggest you give it a go and talk to the person about your concerns about differences.

Yeah she asked me out so I suppose she likes me. I certainly do. But this happened a while ago
Reply 7
Original post by Tiger Rag
How can she be "the love of your life" if you told her no?

Because I really like her but I want to see her happy and do the best for her. At the moment, maybe still, I thought it was best thing to do.
Reply 8
Then move on if she's not speaking to you anymore.
How did you eff up?

Well the fact that I lost someone I really like and a great friend. You know it didn't matter how bad my day was but if i speak to her, it'd cheer me up
Well the fact that I lost someone I really like and a great friend. You know it didn't matter how bad my day was but if i speak to her, it'd cheer me up

At least you've learnt a lesson now. If like a girl, regardless of how different you think she is from you, ask her out and tell her how you feel, then you won't end up feeling like this
Yeah she asked me out so I suppose she likes me. I certainly do. But this happened a while ago

Just go back and ask her out, explain why you were worried first time around, but give it a go.
Well you missed out on one experience in place of another. You now know what it feels like not to go after what you desire.
At least you've learnt a lesson now. If like a girl, regardless of how different you think she is from you, ask her out and tell her how you feel, then you won't end up feeling like this

thank you
Just go back and ask her out, explain why you were worried first time around, but give it a go.

Thank you. She's not speaking to me. I think it's all awkward now. I thought we'd still be friends but I feel **** now.
Original post by AlexLawrence1453
Well you missed out on one experience in place of another. You now know what it feels like not to go after what you desire.

True
thank you

Thank you. She's not speaking to me. I think it's all awkward now. I thought we'd still be friends but I feel **** now.

Just apologise maybe send her a card and a small bunch of flowers.

If shes the love of your life or rather you like her, then she would be worth the effort.
As much as I hate it, I said no the love of my life. She is completely different than me. We are the polar opposites. I am quiet, introvert, staying in all the time kind of guy but she is outgoing, always partying type of girl. I love her and I think she likes me as well, but I don't think she'd be happy with me. So did I do the right thing?

You said you think she likes you? Did she ask you out?
There's a saying that opposites attract i have met people where we are completely different but we have a lot of chemistry and get on well. Like others have said you should have at least gave it a shot.
If she cares about your friendship she will come around think she needs time and space to herself to think but you dont need to apologise.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just apologise maybe send her a card and a small bunch of flowers.

If shes the love of your life or rather you like her, then she would be worth the effort.

He has no reason to apologise in my opinion, he said no she feels rejected and is licking her wounds, hopefully in time she will come around if she cares about their friendship.
There is no right or wrong here. Only what you desire and what you've done.
Original post by chikane
He has no reason to apologise in my opinion, he said no she feels rejected and is licking her wounds, hopefully in time she will come around if she cares about their friendship.

There are different ways and levels of subtelty in mending fences. Id prefer to get it sorted out sooner rather than later. How do you know she will come around? its not a question of their friendship and its not a given.

Its fine though OP you be as hardnosed or as patient as you want. You might be waiting a long time if you say nothing and rely on being hopeful. I alwats prefer to talk to people as communication tends to work better.

In short, No.

I would try and get her back if I were you my man.

Kolia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending