The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy NFL Thread 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

I don't wanna be going up against Jules and A-Rod and Gostkowksi :frown:
Reply 81
Original post by Wattsy
Don't you usually win? I like my team so much more than last year. Langford was the only guy where I was questioning myself.

See you in the playoffs x

I've won both so far, but last year was more fluke than good judgement. Took Morris in the 3rd and Cooks in the 4th to show just how bad the team I drafted was.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I don't wanna be going up against Jules and A-Rod and Gostkowksi :frown:

It's alright - Bell's out and Eifert's crocked.
Original post by ..DT..
I've won both so far, but last year was more fluke than good judgement. Took Morris in the 3rd and Cooks in the 4th to show just how bad the team I drafted was.

Cooks ended up being sneakily good by the end of the season though.

I'm not too thrilled about my team, but it should do OK. By this, I mean that this year I'll hopefully get to play everyone on their off weeks, rather than play the highest scorer nearly every time.
Reply 84
Original post by shunter7634
Cooks ended up being sneakily good by the end of the season though.

I'm not too thrilled about my team, but it should do OK. By this, I mean that this year I'll hopefully get to play everyone on their off weeks, rather than play the highest scorer nearly every time.

So what your saying, is you want to be me :P
Reply 85
Original post by ..DT..
So what your saying, is you want to be me :P

That's just a good quirk of Fantasy NFL I guess. I won TSR Fantasy Premier League Head to Head B last year but only came about 10th in the overall standings. Its just an extra layer of unpredictability which adds to both the frustration and intrigue. Everyone hopes the matchups even out through the year but the winner this year will probably be both lucky and good.
My team is so ****ing dank I can't believe it. I even got a good kicker because I didn't know how to set up autodraft so it was more convenient to just grab Dan Bailey.
As psyched as I am about my TSR team I may actually be even more psyched about my other team with money on the line.

TSR:

Spoiler

Other

Spoiler

Which would you guys rather have?
Emailed Draft Report

LED BY A TREMENDOUS GROUP OF WIDEOUTS, SUPREME LEADER KIM JON GOODELL IS POSITIONED FOR LEAGUE GLORY

Draft Grade
A-
Proj Record
9-5
Proj Finish

DRAFT SUMMARY
Having the first pick in the draft doesn't always lead to a title. But in this case, there is reason for optimism. Supreme Leader Kim Jon Goodell converted their No. 1 overall selection into this year's top draft. They added some running backs early, using three of their first five picks on ball-carriers. Elsewhere on the roster, Supreme Leader Kim Jon Goodell was able to secure one of the best trios of wide receivers in the league.
According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Marvin Jones in the 9th round (81st overall pick versus an ADP of 122.6 across all NFL.com leagues).
With three ADP-based steals (Ben Roethlisberger, Chandler Catanzaro, and the Rams Defense), some shrewd moves were made throughout the draft.
Antonio Brown figures to get the ball early and often, projected to finish second in the league with 113 touches.

YOUR CHANCES TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS
79.3%
YOUR CHANCES TO MAKE THE CHAMPIONSHIP
40.4%
YOUR CHANCES TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP
18.6%
Reply 89
They are both very useful teams. NFL.com draft evaluations are out.*

image.png*

DRAFT SUMMARY Shad Khan has a Swimming Pool received the last pick in the draft and took advantage, building a team that's poised to compete for the TSR fantasy football championship. They stocked up on pass-catching weapons early, using four of their first five selections to pick up wide receivers. Going hand-in-hand with that early investment, Shad Khan has a Swimming Pool secured one of the best quartets of wide receivers in the league. Shad Khan has a Swimming Pool might be interested in shopping a WR to upgrade in other areas. Their fourth-ranked WR, Jeremy Maclin, is projected to be better than the league average at his position. Other NFL.com drafters felt that choosing Jeremy Langford in the 6th round was somewhat of a stretch (51st overall pick versus an ADP of 90.8). Shad Khan has a Swimming Pool may know something no one else does, grabbing Spencer Ware, who is on a squad in less than 10% of all NFL.com leagues (4%).

Here's mine. Further adding to my fantasy hype. Josh Sitton, get yourself to Chicago mate and make me happy about Jeremy Langford. Despite this glowing review my percentages at the bottom are quite terrible.*
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SmashConcept
As psyched as I am about my TSR team I may actually be even more psyched about my other team with money on the line.

TSR:

Spoiler

Other

Spoiler

Which would you guys rather have?

I would love to have that second team. When Bell returns you could have the number 1 and number 2 RBs. The WR core is a bit lacking in top end, but lots of very stable wr2s, and Flash Gordan for the high upside
Original post by shunter7634
It's alright - Bell's out and Eifert's crocked.

Ahh nuts, thought it was too good to be true getting him in R6 :frown:
I'm forecasted to finish 10th lmao. So much for the great draft I thought I had.
Original post by SmashConcept
I'm forecasted to finish 10th lmao. So much for the great draft I thought I had.

can you post the blurb they sent you?
CLINTON-DIX TRUMP STOCKPILES RUNNING BACKS

Draft GradeB-

Proj Record4-10

Proj Finish10

DRAFT SUMMARY
Following the eighth overall pick in the draft, Clinton-Dix Trump is forecasted to finish 10th in TSR fantasy football. They're intent on proving the talking heads wrong, however. They were careful to balance their roster from the beginning, taking a quarterback, two running backs, and two wide receivers with their first five picks. By draft's end, Clinton-Dix Trump landed the highest-scoring pair of running backs in the league.

According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Josh Gordon in the 6th round (53rd overall pick versus an ADP of 133.8 across all NFL.com leagues).

A fantasy traditionalist, Clinton-Dix Trump opted for running backs with their first two selections (Ezekiel Elliott and Eddie Lacy).

With four ADP-based steals including Cam Newton, Giovani Bernard, and Dan Bailey, some shrewd moves were made throughout the draft.

Reply 95
Hilarious that your kicker is an ADP steal. If you're drafting a kicker outside 14 or 15 and his name is not Gotskowski it is a stone wall reach.

Oh and take heart in the fact that DT won from last in the predictions 2 years ago. He also won from first last year. The whole thing is a guesstimate which obviously has a large margin for error given the number of variables.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'll be surprised if I make the playoffs but would be nice as I was so close last year...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Original post by Wattsy
Hilarious that your kicker is an ADP steal. If you're drafting a kicker outside 14 or 15 and his name is not Gotskowski it is a stone wall reach.

Oh and take heart in the fact that DT won from last in the predictions 2 years ago. He also won from first last year. The whole thing is a guesstimate which obviously has a large margin for error given the number of variables.

Yeah exactly. Injuries, waiver wire pick ups, game day match ups. All count.
Reply 98
WITH AN AWESOME MULTITUDE OF BACKS, LACES OUT SHOULD BE POISED FOR DOMINATION
Draft Grade A
Proj Record 9-5
Proj Finish 1
DRAFT SUMMARY
After a strong showing from the fifth draft slot, Laces out is a team to keep an eye on, putting together a roster that has the ability to reach the postseason. They decided that the time for wide receivers was early, using three of their first five picks on that position. Elsewhere on the roster, Laces out was able to land the highest-scoring foursome of running backs in the league.Other NFL.com drafters felt that choosing Jerick McKinnon in the 11th round was somewhat of a stretch (105th overall pick versus an ADP of 149.9).If other NFL.com users are right, Travis Kelce was a steal in the 8th round (76th overall pick versus an ADP of 57.5).Laces out had a strong finish, accumulating the most projected points in the league over the second half of the draft.
Reply 99
HERNANDEZ PISTOL OFFENSE ASSEMBLES A GROUND ATTACK

Draft Grade
B
Proj Record
7-7
Proj Finish
DRAFT SUMMARY
Hernandez Pistol Offense parlayed a good draft slot into a respectable performance. They added some running backs early, using three of their first four picks on ball-carriers. That early positional investment helped to yield one of the best trios of running backs in the league.
Hernandez Pistol Offense adhered to fantasy tradition, selecting a pair of running backs with their first two picks (David Johnson and Doug Martin).
According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Isaiah Crowell in the 10th round (97th overall pick versus an ADP of 135.9 across all NFL.com leagues).
Hernandez Pistol Offense got off to a sizzling start, amassing the most projected points in the league during the first half of the draft.

Quick Reply

Latest