The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanyapotter
it's 100% fine for you to be on tinder (as long as you're an adult). but why is HE on there? are your parents together?

That's the thing I don't want to tell my mum he's on there because then she'll find out I'm on there and have a fit. She thinks it's dangerous to be talking to randomers on a dating app and that they'll come and find me and rape me. She's so paranoid about online stuff it's actually really bad
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Because your sister isn't your dad who's married!!!

Also, Giggity

Are you going to show your mother?

Cant see the problem. You should give him some tips on how to be successful.
Original post by Imam of Haram
So peak :rofl:

Spoiler

Do you think his Facebook was hacked or something and that's why he's on there?
He's so clueless with technology that I have to sometimes help him out with his iPhone and I've never seen the tinder app on there, unless its recent..
Reply 23
Yes he is that's why I can't face him. I highly doubt he's on there to be making friends, and it's even creepier that he set his filter to include 19 year old girls. He had one of our holidays pics as his photos as well!!!

if he's married that's not good.

You should probably think about informing your mother
Reply 24
The irony lol, its understandable you're on tinder but why is your dad on it?
Do you think his Facebook was hacked or something and that's why he's on there?
He's so clueless with technology that I have to sometimes help him out with his iPhone and I've never seen the tinder app on there, unless its recent..

I'm not even gonna be mean about this, you're deluding yourself.
It was funny at first but then you revealed he's married
I think you should first talk to him about it and then if its bad make him inform your mother
Original post by LifeIsFine
It was funny at first but then you revealed he's married
I think you should first talk to him about it and then if its bad make him inform your mother

I don't want to break up their marriage though, and how do I bring it up with him, he's on his laptop (i think) downstairs. Idk whether to laugh or cry or be angry
Reply 28
That's the thing I don't want to tell my mum he's on there because then she'll find out I'm on there and have a fit. She thinks it's dangerous to be talking to randomers on a dating app and that they'll come and find me and rape me. She's so paranoid about online stuff it's actually really bad

What do you think your mum would be angrier about.

you as an Adult being on a dating site

or

or You knowing your dad is on dating sites cheating [or trying to cheat on her] and saying absolutely nothing?
I swiped left in panic 😩😩😩 so I have no proof. What if he quickly deletes the app after our conversation?
Get on the Jeremy Kyle Show :colone:
Maybe it's best to talk to your mother, do not mention where you saw him, but suggest that he is using an online profile somewhere for meeting other women. Beyond this it is none of your business, as in, your mother has no right to drag you further into it by trying to squeeze information out of you. Refuse to give further detail as it is a matter for them both to discuss.

Many many married men do this so do not be ashamed. You have done nothing wrong. This may be the start of a very difficult time and I wish you all the best x
Reply 32
Make a profile of your mum and message him but make sure he's around so you can tell him straight after that it's you but it could be the next conversation he has unless he deletes his profile

i really don't think that's your main concern: if he told your mum you're on tinder, she'd find out he is too. why would he want to let her know?

the thing i'd be most worried about is the likely tenuous relationship between your parents. hope they stay together :s
Well I presume you're old enough to be on tinder in the first place so y'know :lol:

Just pretend like nothing happened, you'll be fine, it's your business.
Time to create a fake profile, match with him, talk to him and blackmail a new laptop out of him with screenshots.
Reply 36
Sad situation OP

but look on the bright side.

At least you didn't find him on Grindr ..
I swiped left in panic 😩😩😩 so I have no proof. What if he quickly deletes the app after our conversation?

Dont mention anything unless he does, he should be ashamed of himself.
I think if your dad, a married man, is going on Tinder to try and hook up with other females, some maybe [he hopes!] as young as 19 then I think your mother, as his wife, has a right to know exactly the kind of man she is married to.
Yikes! How awkward :K:

If he found you on Tinder, he's probably worried about the possibility that you will find him too.

Latest

Trending

Trending