The Student Room Group

Durham 2017 Entry?

Hi all,
Could someone clear this up for me. I was planning on applying to both Durham and Newcastle for 2017 entry, but have just seen this on Durham's website:

The School of Medicine, Pharmacy and Health will be transferring to Newcastle University. The MBBS Phase I programme will continue to be delivered at Queen’s Campus until June 2018. There will be a Newcastle University only intake of students from 2017 onwards. Please contact Newcastle Medical School for further details.

Does this mean that Durham is not actually taking a cohort in 2017? And therefore applying to both is not possible. Finding it very unclear. If anyone could shed some light on this, that would be great. (:
Reply 1
Original post by Julia0709
Hi all,
Could someone clear this up for me. I was planning on applying to both Durham and Newcastle for 2017 entry, but have just seen this on Durham's website:

The School of Medicine, Pharmacy and Health will be transferring to Newcastle University. The MBBS Phase I programme will continue to be delivered at Queen’s Campus until June 2018. There will be a Newcastle University only intake of students from 2017 onwards. Please contact Newcastle Medical School for further details.

Does this mean that Durham is not actually taking a cohort in 2017? And therefore applying to both is not possible. Finding it very unclear. If anyone could shed some light on this, that would be great. (:

Yep it means that Durham is no longer taking new medical students so only Newcastle is available.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending