The Student Room Group

so I finally met mr right BUT

I'm a shallow fool. I've known this guy for several months and we met through a friend, we've been hanging out a lot lately due to having mutual friends. He's everything I want on paper - tall, rich, super funny, a good listener, great kisser, handsome. We went on one date and it was bloody perfect. I left wanting to see him more. He's asked me to meet him for another date this week but I feel like this is where my evil side comes in. I would like to point out that he is 1.5 years younger. I've never dated a younger guy before but I've come to learn that age is just a number. I'll like to add that he is super mature, has a stable job.Now, the real problem lies with how young he looks. Not only is he younger but he looks about 3-4 years younger(we're both in mid 20's). My friend was quick to judge a picture of us, she said "girl he's cute but he looks super young". He has a baby face but his stubble defo helps. I look about 1-2 years younger(more without make up), I feel like when I am going to meet him, I have to wear as little make up as possible so we look slightly the same age.He's an awesome guy however. I was at a party and someone got hurt and he was quick to bandage her up etc and it made me feel like I was a horrible human to doubt him because he looks slighty young. I have no idea what to say to him before our second date comes. I'll be attending a good friends party soon and I know he'll be there so its not like I can just brush this off. What do I do? Very confused? I feel like he deserves better than me!

* i would also like to add I am a people pleaser if I wasnt I would have probably been on a date with him right now*
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a shallow fool. I've known this guy for several months and we met through a friend, we've been hanging out a lot lately due to having mutual friends. He's everything I want on paper - tall, rich, super funny, a good listener, great kisser, handsome. We went on one date and it was bloody perfect. I left wanting to see him more. He's asked me to meet him for another date this week but I feel like this is where my evil side comes in. I would like to point out that he is 1.5 years younger. I've never dated a younger guy before but I've come to learn that age is just a number. I'll like to add that he is super mature, has a stable job.Now, the real problem lies with how young he looks. Not only is he younger but he looks about 3-4 years younger(we're both in mid 20's). My friend was quick to judge a picture of us, she said "girl he's cute but he looks super young". He has a baby face but his stubble defo helps. I look about 1-2 years younger(more without make up), I feel like when I am going to meet him, I have to wear as little make up as possible so we look slightly the same age.He's an awesome guy however. I was at a party and someone got hurt and he was quick to bandage her up etc and it made me feel like I was a horrible human to doubt him because he looks slighty young. I have no idea what to say to him before our second date comes. I'll be attending a good friends party soon and I know he'll be there so its not like I can just brush this off. What do I do? Very confused? I feel like he deserves better than me!

* i would also like to add I am a people pleaser if I wasnt I would have probably been on a date with him right now*

I think you should try not to worry about what other people think. If he makes you happy, go for it! When you're in your 20's an age gap isn't as big of a deal as it would have been in your teens.
At the end of the day, it's your life and you should do what you want to do, not what you think others think you should do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending