The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Still Looking for first year accommodation

Hello i have just received an email from the university today concerning student halls being full.
I have been looking at the pacific court and the portland and i am currently stuck on any other options. i am looking for a place that is sociable to other first year students and that isn't to far from the university.
Can anyone give me some advice/ help

Many thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ezpara
Hello i have just received an email from the university today concerning student halls being full.
I have been looking at the pacific court and the portland and i am currently stuck on any other options. i am looking for a place that is sociable to other first year students and that isn't to far from the university.
Can anyone give me some advice/ help

Many thanks!

I haven't heard back yet but i'm assuming i'll get a similar response. It's shocking considering they guaranteed us accommodation if we applied before the 1st September, and now 3 weeks before we leave they tell us we have to sort out our own own ****!
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Matt.avf98
I haven't heard back yet but i'm assuming i'll get a similar response. It's shocking considering they guaranteed us accommodation if we applied before the 1st September, and now 3 weeks before we leave they tell us we have to sort out our own own ****!

have you had any luck trying to find any?
Im also in the same position as you and live the other side of the country. But im on StuRents as the reviews fro pacific court apparently arent that good
Original post by joshhallam
Im also in the same position as you and live the other side of the country. But im on StuRents as the reviews fro pacific court apparently arent that good

I'm miles from Hull too. So frustrating that it takes them so long to tell us about accommodation. Do they not realise we're moving in 2 weeks?!
Original post by Ezpara
have you had any luck trying to find any?

Haven't started looking yet as I haven't actually heard back from Hull about Uni owned accommodation. Keep us updated if you find anything decent as I may well need it!
all i have found is student rented housing in cottingham along Newland Avenue
Reply 7
Original post by joshhallam
all i have found is student rented housing in cottingham along Newland Avenue

i am looking into that aswell!.
Theres student houses available very close to the university but most of the good rooms are taken. There's also private owned halls called The portland, The village, Townhouse and Pacific court.

looks like im going towards the route of student housing.. but would've preferred some type of halls. It's just it's quite far away from the university and the reviews i've read aren't very good
Original post by Ezpara
i am looking into that aswell!.
Theres student houses available very close to the university but most of the good rooms are taken. There's also private owned halls called The portland, The village, Townhouse and Pacific court.

looks like im going towards the route of student housing.. but would've preferred some type of halls. It's just it's quite far away from the university and the reviews i've read aren't very good

Yeah i have decided to go for student housing as well. The ones round newland avenue look quite good.

Literally in the exact same position- I live a little over 160 miles away and I wasn't panicking because I was certain they would provide accommodation for first years, but seems as though that's not the case and I 'm so confused as to whether I should wait for pacific court to get back to me or look for my own place. Yet I want to find somewhere really social!
Reply 10
In the same position as you guys (although luckily I can get to Hull reasonably quickly if I need too). Rang the Uni this morning and apparently their systems are down which is a pain as I was hoping to find out whether it was worth going private or stick with the uni and see what they give me...
Reply 11
Original post by daravin20
Literally in the exact same position- I live a little over 160 miles away and I wasn't panicking because I was certain they would provide accommodation for first years, but seems as though that's not the case and I 'm so confused as to whether I should wait for pacific court to get back to me or look for my own place. Yet I want to find somewhere really social!

have you guys had any luck finding any?
Original post by Ezpara
have you guys had any luck finding any?

Not entirely sure😁 As in I have no clue what to make of this email I got...no clue what to do right now 😥 I'm worried that if they have no places then I'll be screwed
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by daravin20
Not entirely sure😁 As in I have no clue what to make of this email I got...no clue what to do right now 😥 I'm worried that if they have no places then I'll be screwed

i've looked into pacific court, it didnt have very good reviews! i think my last resort will be student housing :s-smilie:
Original post by Ezpara
i've looked into pacific court, it didnt have very good reviews! i think my last resort will be student housing :s-smilie:

Why what was wrong with it? 😁 Wait What do you mean by student housing anyway?😅
I'm going with student housing, managed by Hull University Union. Seems like a good option, as there are houses available that are near campus.
Anybody else going with HUU and finding a student house?
Reply 17
Anybody else going with HUU and finding a student house?

Yeah i will be matt. I've been speaking to the guy that sorts out all the first year student housing, he says its just taking a while to get the applications in.
Original post by Ezpara
Yeah i will be matt. I've been speaking to the guy that sorts out all the first year student housing, he says its just taking a while to get the applications in.

Nice. Ive been told that my application has been passed on to them, just a matter of waiting now. Should work out OK, I just hope i get into a house with other first years.
Reply 19
Original post by Nahimjustaworm
Nice. Ive been told that my application has been passed on to them, just a matter of waiting now. Should work out OK, I just hope i get into a house with other first years.

Hi how dd you apply to HUU Homes? should i call them directly? I still dont have accommodation either!

Quick Reply

Latest