The Student Room Group

Not sure if this guy was interested or not

I'm a girl, and last night I went out for a drink with a friend of mine, and he brought along another of his male friends who i'd never met before.
Me and my friend have slept together a few times since the beginning of the year, and I did have feelings for him, but now we are just strictly friends and there's nothing between us.
The friend seemed absolutely lovely and sweet. However after a while I ended up extremely drunk, and in a terrible state,vomiting and everything.
My friend and the other guy looked after me so well, and were brilliant. I collapsed outside on the floor (I know) and the guy was so sweet, he stayed with me, just kept smiling at me, and held my bag and everything. He even mopped up my sick from the bathroom floor (very ashamed of that)
I'm so ashamed that we'd just met and that I was in that state, as it's really not like me. Anyway the guy gave me his number and told me to text him when I got back, as my friend had no battery.
I did so, thanked him for his help, said it had been nice to meet him and that i'd see him soon.
He didn't reply and I assumed he wouldn't, but then later today I got a text asking how I was doing.

I replied a couple of hours later saying I was much better, and made a joke that it had been the most eventful first meeting i'd ever had with someone, and then asked if they'd enjoyed the rest of the evening.

It's been about 8 hours and he hasn't replied (I know I shouldn't be timing) but I'm not sure if he will. It's strange, as it was him who began the conversation today.

I'd have thought that he'd have just given a polite reply to my other text, and just asked my friend how I was doing rather than texting me directly.

I talked about it to my other friend, as I thought he'd have been put off after last night, but she said it's probably the fact that I have 'history' with his friend.

What do people think?
I don't find vomiting very appealing, personally.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Cremated_Spatula

Yeah I mean I was so ashamed, but couldn't help it.. I kept apologising and such but they told me that the night before they'd been in a much worse state than that and they really didn't seem to find it a big deal...
but yeah maybe I put him off anyway!
Reply 3
Original post by Cremated_Spatula

Spoiler

Yeah it's true there isn't much to go on! But yeah was probably just being kind.. ah well! I just thought he'd even give a polite reply to my text even if he wasn't interested, rather than ignoring it!
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I mean I was so ashamed, but couldn't help it.. I kept apologising and such but they told me that the night before they'd been in a much worse state than that and they really didn't seem to find it a big deal...
but yeah maybe I put him off anyway!

Well, yeah. Vomiting between buddies is one thing, it's another thing for a guy to form an attraction in this kind of situation.

I'm not saying it's a big deal, obviously he wasn't that bothered if he helped clean it up. Might be enough to put him off seeing you in a romantic/ sexual way though.

Original post by Anonymous
Yeah it's true there isn't much to go on! But yeah was probably just being kind.. ah well! I just thought he'd even give a polite reply to my text even if he wasn't interested, rather than ignoring it!
It's only been 8 hours, right?
(edited 7 years ago)
It sounds like he was just being a nice guy and checking up on you after a rough night!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending