The Student Room Group

Best tattoo position

Scroll to see replies

If I did, it would be over my back, should to one of my pecs.

Would be so badass coming across as all straight lace only to tear off my shirt to be a total deviant.
Original post by Airmed
I'm leaning towards somewhere on my arm. :yep: Once I have firmly decided though I need to then find a place to get it done. If I was at home, I would go to who my daddy has went to for tattoos, but I am at uni.

And so far away from home? is this a hindrance for you? if so, I would wait till you are at home again. As if the tattoo shop would go off. *
Original post by Airmed
Chest sounds so painful :eek:

Oh, I am fricking terrified. I am fine with needles, it's just the thought of it. But I want something for myself, and I really like it.

Aw theres no need to be terrified! Itll be ok!
Ah right well, all i can say is, just try to think of positive thoughts and try to keep your mind occupied! Its easier said than done but it does help! (My therapist told me about it so its from a proffessional source).
Yeah i can understand that!
I say go for it still but just try your best not to worry yourself about it!
Reply 43
Original post by Kallisto
And so far away from home? is this a hindrance for you? if so, I would wait till you are at home again. As if the tattoo shop would go off. *

Home is N.Ireland, and I am in Dundee. Won't be home again until Christmas at least and even that isn't confirmed.
Reply 44
Original post by FireFreezer77
Aw theres no need to be terrified! Itll be ok!
Ah right well, all i can say is, just try to think of positive thoughts and try to keep your mind occupied! Its easier said than done but it does help! (My therapist told me about it so its from a proffessional source).
Yeah i can understand that!
I say go for it still but just try your best not to worry yourself about it!

Bring a book and read :tongue: I really want it so I won't let the thought of pain put me off.
Original post by Airmed
Chest sounds so painful :eek:

Oh, I am fricking terrified. I am fine with needles, it's just the thought of it. But I want something for myself, and I really like it.

Just shoulder then...
Original post by Airmed
Home is N.Ireland, and I am in Dundee. Won't be home again until Christmas at least and even that isn't confirmed.

I see. Some quarrels with your family or what is the reason that you hesitated to come back at home? I am sure that there is a tattoo shop in Dundee too.*
Original post by Airmed
Bring a book and read :tongue: I really want it so I won't let the thought of pain put me off.

Go for it! :smile:
Good to hear it! I hope it aes well for you! :biggrin:

And if you still cant decide on the location, maybe you could try some temporary ones and see which you like the best?
Reply 48
Original post by Kallisto
I see. Some quarrels with your family or what is the reason that you hesitated to come back at home? I am sure that there is a tattoo shop in Dundee too.*

Expensive to fly home so much, and home is boring after about 3 days. I might be working over the holidays too.

Go for it! :smile:
Good to hear it! I hope it aes well for you! :biggrin:

And if you still cant decide on the location, maybe you could try some temporary ones and see which you like the best?

That's a really good idea! Thanks though :h:
Reply 49
Original post by Airmed

You don't like tattoos, do you?
Depends what they are and where they are. :smile:

Not for me personally but I love the little red devil that my fantastic girlfriend has on her a**e. Discrete but sums up her 'wicked' soh and, errrrrrrr, let's go with zest for life. :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by viffer
Depends what they are and where they are. :smile:

Not for me personally but I love the little red devil that my fantastic girlfriend has on her a**e. Discrete but sums up her 'wicked' soh and, errrrrrrr, let's go with zest for life. :wink:

:K:

:laugh:
Original post by Airmed
Expensive to fly home so much, and home is boring after about 3 days. I might be working over the holidays too.

That's a really good idea! Thanks though :h:

Thanks!
Just thought I'd offer it as an option beforehand!
No worries! :smile:
Reply 52
Thanks!
Just thought I'd offer it as an option beforehand!
No worries! :smile:

I really like your tattoo design :h: I've had my design planned out for months but always chicken out when I go to book it :colondollar: so I have no real help to give you but just wanted to say good luck and hope it isn't too painful and let me know how it goes :smile:

Your reassurance might finally give me the guts to get my tattoo done :colondollar:
Original post by Airmed

No worries!

It'll look amazing once it's done! :hugs:
Reply 55
Original post by Spock's Socks
I really like your tattoo design :h: I've had my design planned out for months but always chicken out when I go to book it :colondollar: so I have no real help to give you but just wanted to say good luck and hope it isn't too painful and let me know how it goes :smile:

Your reassurance might finally give me the guts to get my tattoo done :colondollar:

Yeah, now I need to get round to booking it (well, finding a place to get it done). But thanks so much, and I will definitely tell you how it goes :hugs:

No worries!

It'll look amazing once it's done! :hugs:

Hopefully! :hugs:
I would love a tattoo and I think your design looks really awesome! I think it would look good on your inner forearm - the thicker bit near your elbow.

If it wasn;t for my spouse, I'd have got a tattoo a long time ago. As it is, I'm planning on having tattoo ink injected into my scars to make them the same color as the rest of my skin. But that's not very exciting. :sad:
(edited 7 years ago)
So so nice! On your forearm would look lovely. It's a good place to get a tattoo as well really because no matter how much your body changes over time, it's one of the least likely places where a tattoo would get distorted. I'm planning for a mandala on my foot but I just need to get it all booked!
perineum
Reply 59
:^_^:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest