The Student Room Group

Are these GCSEs good enough to study law in a good uni???

I'd like to study law in a good university
I'm going to pick
History
Drama
Psychology
Music
What do you think??
Also I'm 100% sure I'll get an A or B in every one of these most probably an A
But are these choices good enough to study law in a good uni???
Reply 1
your A levels matter more than your GCSEs, they seem fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lewis_GCSE
I'd like to study law in a good university
I'm going to pick
History
Drama
Psychology
Music
What do you think??
Also I'm 100% sure I'll get an A or B in every one of these most probably an A
But are these choices good enough to study law in a good uni???

Of course you will be doing maths and English, which are the most important subjects for most courses. But I think more art/essay subjects look more suitable for law. So maybe consider Religious Studies or Classics. The history is a good subject for law though. Think it matters more when choosing your A Level choices, as to be quite honest. GCSE' don't matter as much as you think. Mkae sure you get English and maths to a high grade and then you meet virtually every universities requirement.
Reply 3
Original post by Aaron2515
Of course you will be doing maths and English, which are the most important subjects for most courses. But I think more art/essay subjects look more suitable for law. So maybe consider Religious Studies or Classics. The history is a good subject for law though. Think it matters more when choosing your A Level choices, as to be quite honest. GCSE' don't matter as much as you think. Mkae sure you get English and maths to a high grade and then you meet virtually every universities requirement.
thanks and already have to take religious studies. So is that good you sure I'll get to a good uni?
Original post by Lewis_GCSE
thanks and already have to take religious studies. So is that good you sure I'll get to a good uni?

Absolutely. The GCSEs are fine. Just need to get the grades. But it's A Levels which are the most important.

Quick Reply

Latest