The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
This is why we don't trust the other place.
She is trying to sabotage u

Haha my own mother! University loyalty is thicker than blood, it seems.
What pre-reading/preparation (if any) are people doing for Law?
Can someone link me that maths for natural science workbook? My college linked me the 2014 one, but I've seen somewhere on here a 2016 link, with some further maths content aswell?

Might have been a trinity college book, would be greatly appreciated
Original post by RThornton
Can someone link me that maths for natural science workbook? My college linked me the 2014 one, but I've seen somewhere on here a 2016 link, with some further maths content aswell?

Might have been a trinity college book, would be greatly appreciated

This one? I got it from the Computer Science freshers page.
I came home from work to find my mum had ordered me an Emmanuel gown and college scarf, not complaining...
"omg congrats!! How do you feel about going to Cambridge??"

IMG_20160904_144740.jpg
Original post by Serine Soul

Do you get the "Woah, you got into Cambridge! Wait nevermind, there was never any doubt you were getting in anyway." as well? b*itch please, there was every doubt.
Original post by Zacken
Do you get the "Woah, you got into Cambridge! Wait nevermind, there was never any doubt you were getting in anyway." as well? b*itch please, there was every doubt.

All the time tbh
Original post by Zacken

"omg you must be so clever"
how do you actually respond to these things?! You sound like an absolute ass if you agree or disagree

IMG_20160904_144740.jpg

Still the best ever GBBO contestant ❤️
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
how do you actually respond to these things?! You sound like an absolute ass if you agree or disagree

I just say 'thank you, I work very hard' and hope that works :indiff:

Still the best ever GBBO contestant ❤️

You'll love this account https://twitter.com/nocontextgbbo?s=09

I just chuckle awkwardly, look at my feet and shuffle about awkwardly.
Original post by Zacken

In all conversations, or just when people comment on you getting into Cambridge?
Original post by 16Characters....
In all conversations, or just when people comment on you getting into Cambridge?

Hahaha, gotta uphold the maths stereotype. I'm just bad at talking to cooing relatives. :tongue:
I just say 'thank you, I work very hard' and hope that works :indiff:

You'll love this account https://twitter.com/nocontextgbbo?s=09

Aaah that's hilarious! :giggle: Also love no context Louis Theroux
Original post by Zacken

At least there'll be none of that at Cambridge, right? I'd expect the focus to be on the people who are the least behind XD
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
Hahaha, gotta uphold the maths stereotype. I'm just bad at talking to cooing relatives. :tongue:

It is indeed annoying. Still I find it less difficult than trying to convince people that STEP was hard.
At least there'll be none of that at Cambridge, right? I'd expect the focus to be on the people who are the least behind XD

Hahaha, yeah! We'll all know what it feels like, hopefully. I'll probably still find something to be awkward about, knowing me! :lol:

It is indeed annoying. Still I find it less difficult than trying to convince people that STEP was hard.

Oh gosh, yes! People don't quite understand the importance of "Cambridge's entrance exam for Maths" - I imagine they think it's some simple multiple choice formality like what they had to go to get into sixth form or middle school. It's deeply irritating at times.

I nod firmly and say 'Yes, yes i am. And you aren't.'

Spoiler

My sister (going into yr12 now) is a nightmare - she keeps going on about how she's smarter than me because when she takes her BMAT she'll get 'full marks' and 'the BMAT is harder than STEP'
Original post by ValerieKR
My sister (going into yr12 now) is a nightmare - she keeps going on about how she's smarter than me because when she takes her BMAT she'll get 'full marks' and 'the BMAT is harder than STEP'

Well if many people get full marks then clearly it isn't haha.

Though in fairness STEP, whilst it was significantly harder than A Level it was never impossible. But my relatives could never accept that STEP was never even close to guaranteed to go well.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest