The Student Room Group

A homosexual CofE Bishop!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RobML
That answer is too vague to be of any help :tongue:

The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned
Reply 121
Yet another vagueism. Answer my question or admit irrational, arbitrary belief.
Original post by leavingthecity
People think you are a guy because you speak with a certain overconfidence.

No offence men on the thread.

Ok, not an inflammatory comment, just what most of us were thinking given that there are plenty of romantic relationships that take place without sex for so many different reasons. Sine people can't have sex, some people specifically don't want sex. You quite literally have much to learn about the kaleidoscope of relationships out there if that's what you really think.

And I never bother rebutting the laughable yet standard "you were never a real Christian". There's nowhere to sink to once that's been said.

I'm confident not because of anything I've done, but because of what Jesus has done for me. I don't think I'm better than any other human on this planet, I sin as much as the next person. It is because of Jesus that I have confidence in my faith and in His promises

Isn't the definition of a relationship with someone a connection including sexual activity though? If there isn't sex you are just friends.

Okay so, answer me this, do you or do you not possess the spirit of God within yourself? If you do not, according to Jesus, you are not a Christian
What are your thoughts on the scriptures prohibiting sitting where menstruating women have sat, wearing clothes that contain different fibres, eating seafood, stoning adulterers, and other silliness?
Original post by RobML
Yet another vagueism. Answer my question or admit irrational, arbitrary belief.

Okay then; personal spiritual experiences involving God Himself.

That is all I will say
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
What are your thoughts on the scriptures prohibiting sitting where menstruating women have sat, wearing clothes that contain different fibres, eating seafood, stoning adulterers, and other silliness?

Lol answered this question 1,000,000x look back on the thread
No, you can be in a relationship with someone and not have sex. Haven't you heard of a platonic romance?
Reply 127
How do you know it was God? I can continue this all night.
No, you can be in a relationship with someone and not have sex. Haven't you heard of a platonic romance?

In your opinion. No
Original post by RobML
How do you know it was God? I can continue this all night.

It couldn't have been anyone or anything else, it happened exactly like it says in the Bible
Reply 130
Yes it could have.
Original post by RobML
Yes it could have.

Trust me, it wasn't
Reply 132
I have no reason to take your word regarding an extraordinary claim.
Okay, so how about Matthew 5:17-19, from the Sermon on the Mount: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Seems like we're getting mixed messages.
Ahem.

Mary and Joseph.
Original post by RobML
I have no reason to take your word regarding an extraordinary claim.

You will think what you will think and there isn't anything I can do to change that but you have been warned about the impending return of Jesus. If you find yourself on the wrong foot with Him don't blame me
There's not a original sentence here. It's how you're taught to respond, taught to suppress your doubt, taught to pardon yourself before others by the church. Everything you have said in the thread, an unoriginal, parroted sound bite.
"In my opinion", well, in many peoples' opinions; indeed, in the opinions of people who form such relationships, whose opinions would seem to matter more than ours. "Platonic" means intimate and affectionate but not sexual. Clearly it's common enough to garner its own word.
Reply 138
I believe there is a higher being that will punish all followers of Christ with eternal hellfire.
Okay, so how about Matthew 5:17-19, from the Sermon on the Mount: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Seems like we're getting mixed messages.

Easy. The entire reason the OT law was established in the first place was to provide the Jewish people with a temporary solution to the problem of sin, but the blood of bulls could not satisfactorily cover sin for God. The Law also provides mankind with an idea of God's moral nature and how far we fall short of His perfection. When Jesus says he came to fulfill the law He meant that he took on the sin of all the world when he died at the cross and thus God's wrath against sin was satisfied with Jesus. Jesus' sacrifice was enough to cover humanities sin forever hence the purpose of the OT system was now finished. There was no need for it when Jesus died and rose again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending