The Student Room Group

Never had a boyfriend before..

I'm 16 and I've never kissed a boy before or had a boyfriend. All my friends have boyfriends and they've 'done it'

I want a boyfriend but at the same time I don't because most boys nowadays want sex and I'm not ready for that 😂😭
I guess I'm a very attractive girl💀🌚

Any tips?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
****ing hell you're only 16. Go watch the Disney Channel or something, don't be desperate just because you're friends are doing it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Naahema
I'm 16 and I've never kissed a boy before or had a boyfriend. All my friends have boyfriends and they've 'done it'

I want a boyfriend but at the same time I don't because most boys nowadays want sex and I'm not ready for that 😂😭

Any tips?

Time and a place! You just said you're not ready for it, so don't put any more pressure on yourself! Enjoy teen years and stay in school :tongue:
Original post by UWS
****ing hell you're only 16. Go watch the Disney Channel or something, don't be desperate just because you're friends are doing it.

Bro, you need to calm down 😂
Reply 4
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Bro, you need to calm down 😂

Fam, I'm calm lol, it's these 16 year olds who complain about not having been kissed/sex as if they're a 40 year old virign :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm 17 and never had a girlfriend and never 'done it'.
Most boys do want to have sex but there are boys who don't want to as for the reason as they are not ready, just like you.
I am not ready either.
I would not get peer pressured by your friends as they have 'done it' so you have to do it as well to fit it. I think this is a stupid reason and i guarantee you not all of your friends have 'done it'.
I assure you not all boys are like that.

Hope this helps.

You can msg me, if you want to ask anymore questions.
If you want to do it thats fine. Go for yourself though, what you want, not what your friends are doing. If your friends are peer pressuring you and making fun of you for not having sex, then they aren't real friends. They should support you in your decision.

You have your whole life ahead of you mate. Plenty of time for all that stuff later, and make sure you do it with someone you don't regret. But right now, focus on college or whatever you are doing.
I'm 19, never had a boyfriend, never kissed and never had sex. I'm pretty decent looking too. But I cant let peer pressure get to me. Wait for the right person and do it when youre ready x
Reply 8
It could be worse :console:
You could be 19 and in the same situation...

Oh wait :getmecoat:
YOU'RE 16! You have plenty of time:rolleyes:
At least you're not 21. :indiff:
Original post by littlenorthernlass
YOU'RE 16! You have plenty of time:rolleyes:
At least you're not 21. :indiff:

Well at least you are not 23.

How are you 21? You were like 18 when I joined this place. :burnout:
Reply 11
I'm 18 and I don't have a boyfriend. When the time comes , it will come.
trust me, a lot of people your age have never been kissed before..
Original post by UWS

LMFAO!!!

You literally made me laugh irl :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Naahema

Any tips?

look around you'll find someone. its not all of the boys want only sex! :/
Plenty of time to 'do all that stuff'. It seems that you want to be in a relationship partly because of your friends, just don't rush into anything because you don't want to be in a situation in which you don't want to be in.
Perfectly normal to be curious.

Just some life advice:

1) Don't rush it, you do not want your first experience to be bad and start hating things

2) Do it when you are ready

3) It's normal to feel the way you are but trust me, once you get older you will see what you are going through is very normal and the whole dating/sex thing isn't all it's made out to be. I know some people on this forum will disagree but I assure you there are more important things in life such as your aspirations
Original post by Naahema

Any tips?
You're sixteen, just give it time. You're not really missing much anyway, guys around your age are dicks - take it from me, I was your age once :shakecane:
Hello, i am 19 years old and i was born into a religious group. For the pervious generation the group had married inside of itself however it hit the point where there is no one left for me inside of the religious family. There was 4 (all 19) of us actually, being the next generation without couples. 3 girls (including me) and one boy. The prettiest girl from the group just started dating a fellow from the previous generation (32 years old) thus completing the couples for generation y. That left 2 girls and one boy. The boy has sort of broken off feom the group and has dated outside of the family and the other girl from generation z has completely left the family and moved away. That leaves me. 19, ive never dated, ive never held hands or kissed another man. Everyone else from the gen z has moved on but I cant seem to get over it. I was told that there will be a man for me but i need to be patient. The place where i work i had befriended my boss. He is 30 and married with 4 kids. He is THE ONLY PERSON OUTSIDE OF THE FAMILY IVE TOLD ANYTHING TO ABOUT THE FAMILY. Being born into this group is something that i had kept a secret my whole life. My boss and I have been friends for a year by now and we know and care alot about eachother. He is the closest friend I have outside of the family. He told me yesterday that he felt like it was unfair i will never be able to be in love. He said he wanted to show me how to kiss so that I could be confident enough to talk to guys. I told him thay would be cheating on his wife. His wife at the time was in a big fight with him and she rook off her ring. I understood he was under alotnof burdens with his wife and that he was also in the first week of breaking a drug addiction. I wanted him to know that his heart wasbin the right place and he just wanted me to know what it felt like to be kissed. There is a part of me that wishes i took him up on the offer. Im 19 years old and everone in the family has had their firat kiss and first love. Would God want me to wait until he sends me someone or would God want me to go out and be happy? It hurts to know that there is a part of life i might not see. Please, any advice would help.
Hello, i am 19 years old and i was born into a religious group. For the pervious generation the group had married inside of itself however it hit the point where there is no one left for me inside of the religious family. There was 4 (all 19) of us actually, being the next generation without couples. 3 girls (including me) and one boy. The prettiest girl from the group just started dating a fellow from the previous generation (32 years old) thus completing the couples for generation y. That left 2 girls and one boy. The boy has sort of broken off feom the group and has dated outside of the family and the other girl from generation z has completely left the family and moved away.
That leaves me. 19, ive never dated, ive never held hands or kissed another man. Everyone else from the gen z has moved on but I cant seem to get over it. I was told that there will be a man for me but i need to be patient.
The place where i work i had befriended my boss. He is 30 and married with 4 kids. He is THE ONLY PERSON OUTSIDE OF THE FAMILY IVE TOLD ANYTHING TO ABOUT THE FAMILY. Being born into this group is something that i had kept a secret my whole life. My boss and I have been friends for a year by now and we know and care alot about eachother. He is the closest friend I have outside of the family. He told me yesterday that he felt like it was unfair i will never be able to be in love. He said he wanted to show me how to kiss so that I could be confident enough to talk to guys. I told him thay would be cheating on his wife. His wife at the time was in a big fight with him and she rook off her ring. I understood he was under alotnof burdens with his wife and that he was also in the first week of breaking a drug addiction. I wanted him to know that his heart wasbin the right place and he just wanted me to know what it felt like to be kissed.
There is a part of me that wishes i took him up on the offer. Im 19 years old and everone in the family has had their firat kiss and first love. Would God want me to wait until he sends me someone or would God want me to go out and be happy? It hurts to know that there is a part of life i might not see.
Please, any advice would help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending