The Student Room Group

Movies you hated but critics loved

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Brad Pitt's an acting legend tbf, although really peaked i think at the turn of the century e.g. fight club and snatch
Original post by 0to100
Stop it, a decade is 10 yrs meaning from the year 0 to every 10 years :rolleyes: and ur losing this argument hard if you're nitpicking that but can't go back to the topic which is Leo is overrated and needed to get raped by a CGI BEAR to win something :congrats:

You tried. You're tired now. I'll let you rest lol

Cambridge dictionary definition:
a period of ten years, especially a period such as 2010 to 2019

To help with that

Period:

a length of time

First part is important as it shows that it doesn't refer to specific years but that it just means a measure of time.
Reply 82
Original post by 0to100
I need to see Birdman next. Norton is a top actor. Never had a problem with the lad on my screen.

Birdman's some stuff, real good. Proper Norton just playing about though, check out Moonrise Kingdom- hilarious
Amelie
Rango
Dawn of the planet of the apes
Let the right one in (hate might be too strong a word for this one)
Original post by 0to100
I need to see Birdman next. Norton is a top actor. Never had a problem with the lad on my screen.

Birdman is great and Norton's been great in everything apart from the joke that was the Incredible Hulk.
Original post by NotNotBatman
Amelie
Rango
Dawn of the planet of the apes
Let the right one in (hate might be too strong a word for this one)

lmao which Let Me In.. you mean the vampire one?

Amelie made me cringe. Nice colours but stupid as **** story.

Lmao at mentioning the other two as even being films..depp does what he wants though.
Original post by TheBirdman
Birdman is great and Norton's been great in everything apart from the joke that was the Incredible Hulk.

American History X is actually a top film like it's way up there. He bulked up for it too.

Yea I don't watch superhero films so idk how he did. Plus there's too many of the same superhero played by diff people eugh.
Original post by 0to100
American History X is actually a top film like it's way up there. He bulked up for it too.

Yea I don't watch superhero films so idk how he did. Plus there's too many of the same superhero played by diff people eugh.

I have a friend who hated American History X but it is brilliant
Original post by I am Kira
I'm not talking about popular movies here but movies which won awards, Oscars and revieved high ratings on rotten tomatoes or imdb

For me its the one who flew over the cuckoos nest
It was a complete bore fest, I actually don't mind slow paced movies but I felt like nothing significant happened on the movie
The main character was an a hole and people say the movie was meant to be symbolic of male oppression but it was so boring uninteresting and I didn't enjoy it one bit
Posted from TSR Mobile

Titanic, the end was so predictable urghh
Original post by 0to100
lmao which Let Me In.. you mean the vampire one?

Amelie made me cringe. Nice colours but stupid as **** story.

Lmao at mentioning the other two as even being films..depp does what he wants though.

Yes the swedish vampire film.

Ikr, Amelie was painful to watch; the joke with the goldfish jumping out of the bowl was awful.
Reply 90
WALL-E

I seriously cannot comprehend why that film won so many awards...
akira and citizen kane spring tomind
Reply 92
Gravity. I don't really need to say anything else :colonhash:
Reply 93
Original post by Deyesy
Gravity. I don't really need to say anything else :colonhash:

I loved gravity people love to hate that movie

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NotNotBatman
Yes the swedish vampire film.

Ikr, Amelie was painful to watch; the joke with the goldfish jumping out of the bowl was awful.

the swedish one was all right, why'd you not like it? I think there's an american version but I dont like the girl.

Lmao Amelie was just...it can't be considered a classic JUST because it had that colouring :dry: the film was dead and unfunny. Actually what was it about again? lol A weird...woman..virgin? ...falls for this...dude..while...trying to do...something?? lmao
Original post by lucy713
WALL-E

I seriously cannot comprehend why that film won so many awards...

That made me :cry2: ?!

Went to see that with many small kids in my family good times :rofl:
Reply 96
Original post by I am Kira
I loved gravity people love to hate that movie

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was absolutely beautiful but it was an awful film. The plot was pretty much nigh on nonexistant
Reply 97
Original post by quasa
akira and citizen kane spring tomind

YES. Although tbf i would love to see a big bastard artsy director get a hold of Citizen Kane and do it now. Would either be a polite but brilliant Scorsese type flick or crash and burn as the most hated film in cinema history.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheBirdman
I have a friend who hated American History X but it is brilliant

why'd they hate it? :\
Original post by Deyesy
It was absolutely beautiful but it was an awful film. The plot was pretty much nigh on nonexistant

Lol I was just gonna ask: where were her trousers...and the dialogue...and the plot...

Quick Reply