The Student Room Group

What's the best concert you've ever been to?

I've been to some really good ones in my time, although admittedly I haven't been able to get to any in the past few years. I went to Hit The Deck in Nottingham a few years ago which was amazing, but I think my favourite gigs have been The Blackout and Forever The Sickest Kids. While I don't really listen to the bands now, the support acts were amazing, the bands were really good, the venues were great, and the general atmosphere was insane. I always used to hang around and meet the bands afterwards as well. How about you?

Scroll to see replies

Maroon 5 ❤️
Reply 2
I've been to a lot of concerts. I prefer concerts in small concert halls, the atmosphere is just so much better and more 'intimate' in a way. One of the best concerts I have been to has to be Imagine Dragons at Brixton in 2014 (I think) and Twenty One Pilots at Shepherds Bush Empire.
I'd say seeing Black Sabbath on their Reunion Tour back in 2013! Another concert I really enjoyed was Papa Roach on their Silence is the Enemy Tour in December 2013, they were my favourite band at the time and it was great being able to finally see them live after years of loving their music :smile:
Queen and Adam Lambert at the O2.

That was truly awesome.
BIGBANG at Wembley Arena in 2012 or Boy George at King Tut's Wah Wah Hut in 2013. Both were just so utterly surreal.*
Reply 6
Gorrilaz live at M.E.N Arena in 2010. I was right up at the front and I couldn't have got a better view. The show both in terms of the visual aspects and the music were amazing and no gig has topped it since. I don't know how I managed with the crowds though. These days I can barely deal with a venue holding 50 people, let alone 21,000 :colondollar:
Reply 7
Twenty One Pilots at the O2 Academy in Brixton
Original post by jamestg

OMG I'm so jelly you've seen them live. I really want to go see TØP but none of my friends like them :frown:
All Time Low at Brixton Academy, BMTH at Brixton, Good Charlotte, Adele in London & Antwerp :smile: The atmosphere was amazing at all of these concerts
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
OMG I'm so jelly you've seen them live. I really want to go see TØP but none of my friends like them :frown:

Damn that sucks, just hunt someone down at school/uni who also likes them. I went with someone from school to see FOB purely through stalking their Spotify history lmao.
Unfortunately the only concert's I've been to were the one's i played at :erm:The best out of those was definately when we toured in Germany and performed in a German "Dom" :yep:
Original post by Adelemyqueen
All Time Low at Brixton Academy, BMTH at Brixton, Good Charlotte, Adele in London & Antwerp :smile: The atmosphere was amazing at all of these concerts

Sweet! I saw All Time Low in 2012 in Newcastle and it was awesome
Original post by jamestg

Niiiice! TOP is very high up on my list to see
Went to see Daughtry not too long along. Only band I've seen live so far, but they were brilliant!

Off to see Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed and In Flames soon! Get in!!
Reply 15
ODESZA at Troxy. Insane visuals, lighting, music and the atmosphere was beyond amazing.

Going to see Flume at The Warehouse Project and BMTH at Barclaycard Arena.

Pretty sad that I never got to see Queen perform live or even Bombay Bicycle Club. ;(
Desertfest was real good a few years ago. We made some "special" brownies and spent 3 days headbanging, it was killer.

I can't pin down one specific gig because I've been to so many over the years (I had an A2 [I think. It might be A1, Idk] sized corkboard filled up with tickets, and I've got enough tickets that aren't on the board that could easily fill the majority of another one. Paper reference tickets don't make it onto the board, and I've got a few of them laying around too).
Iron Maiden.
Original post by DJMayes
Iron Maiden.

Didnt fancy Strawberries & Creem?
Reply 19
The Pigeon Detectives at Concorde 2 in Brighton. The single best atmosphere I've ever experienced and the most deaf I've ever left a concert.

Quick Reply

Latest