The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Anyone coming from foreign countries this September?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ines Gil
Hahah thanks! Well I went to a french school so I didn't have to pass the selectividad but the french baccalauréat and the conditions to be accepted were to have a 14 overall which is like an 8 out of 10 in the selectividad. Also, I needed to have a certificate of a B2 level in english. What about your conditions?

Wow so you speak french as well?? Wow I did french for two years about six years ago but it wasn't really that useful hahaha Well I had to get an average of 8 out of 10 in Bachillerato with a minimum of 7 in Chemistry and Biology. They didnt ask for selectividad but I did it anyway just in case though (worst days of my life hahah). Oh and I think I needed a 6 or something in the IELTS (which I think is a B2 anyway)
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Adelemyqueen
Luxembourg :biggrin:

Anyone using the coach collection service from Heathrow?

Wow Luxembourg!! What are you going to study?
Reply 22
Original post by molanma
Wow so you speak french as well?? Wow I did french for two years about six years ago but it wasn't really that useful hahaha Well I had to get an average of 8 out of 10 in Bachillerato with a minimum of 7 in Chemistry and Biology. They didnt ask for selectividad but I did it anyway just in case though (worst days of my life hahah). Oh and I think I needed a 6 or something in the IELTS (which I think is a B2 anyway)

Yeah I speak french hahaha. Well I'm glad you met the conditions, Have you already thought about what you'll be doing for the freshers' week? Like are you going to buy the su freshers' wristbands?
Reply 23
Original post by Ines Gil
Yeah I speak french hahaha. Well I'm glad you met the conditions, Have you already thought about what you'll be doing for the freshers' week? Like are you going to buy the su freshers' wristbands?

Im glad too!! I really don't know to be honest, I think most of the bands are sold out, but I wouldnt have bought one anyway. I think I might get some individual tickets to some parties if I can find someone to go with hahaha it's something I think about a lot because I dont know what to expect (I'm guessing parties in the uk are way different haha) what about you?
I'll also probably join a few societies and sports clubs(there is a spanish and italian association so I think I might join and maybe meet other spanish people)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by AmyUrc
Hi! I am Amy and I am from Italy as well! I will start a postgraduate in Cardiff University and I am thinking about arriving on Cardiff on 18th September from Milan.

Cool! What are you going to study? (By the way I'm so jealous of you for living im Italy)
Original post by molanma
Wow Luxembourg!! What are you going to study?

English Literature! I speak a bit of Spanish (I'm supposed to be Level B1/B2 after 3 years but probs not :biggrin:)
Noswaith Dda. Croeso i Cymru- pob lwc i chi i gyd (or Good evening, welcome to Wales, good luck). Hope the Brains beer is to your liking.
I'm from England. Does that count as a different country? :biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by barnetlad
Noswaith Dda. Croeso i Cymru- pob lwc i chi i gyd (or Good evening, welcome to Wales, good luck). Hope the Brains beer is to your liking.

Haha I'm glad you included a translation, and thank you!!
Reply 29
Original post by Bubblewrap167
I'm from England. Does that count as a different country? :biggrin:

Hahaha it probably does to everyone in wales lol, what are you going to study??
Original post by molanma
Hahaha it probably does to everyone in wales lol, what are you going to study??

Geography! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time :tongue:
Reply 31
English Literature! I speak a bit of Spanish (I'm supposed to be Level B1/B2 after 3 years but probs not :biggrin:)

Cool!! I find literature so interesting (mind you, I've only done Spanish and Catalan lit but I enjoyed it a lot)
Forgive me for my ignorance but what languages are spoken in Luxembourg??
And you can always practice Spanish with me if you like hahaha
Reply 32
Geography! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time :tongue:

Me too! I can't wait to go so my life can change a bit and have a bit of spark ya know hahaha but I'm also really nervous about meeting people and stuff!
Original post by molanma
Me too! I can't wait to go so my life can change a bit and have a bit of spark ya know hahaha but I'm also really nervous about meeting people and stuff!

Yeah meeting new people and living alone are the scariest bits. By the way, did you leave the UK at an early age 'cause your English is perfect :h: Just curious
Reply 34
Yeah meeting new people and living alone are the scariest bits. By the way, did you leave the UK at an early age 'cause your English is perfect :h: Just curious

Yeah but I'm also really excited about living alone hahaha
Yess we left when I was four,I'm okay with written English but I do stutter a bit when actually speaking because I'm much more fluent in Spanish but I guess after a couple of weeks I'll be fine
I am a bit worried about the actual course in English thoush since I've been studying everything in Spanish since i was four sooo idk we'll see hahah
Original post by molanma
Yeah but I'm also really excited about living alone hahaha
Yess we left when I was four,I'm okay with written English but I do stutter a bit when actually speaking because I'm much more fluent in Spanish but I guess after a couple of weeks I'll be fine
I am a bit worried about the actual course in English thoush since I've been studying everything in Spanish since i was four sooo idk we'll see hahah

It should get better :smile:
I'm sure it'll be fine and good luck :biggrin:
Reply 36
It should get better :smile:
I'm sure it'll be fine and good luck :biggrin:

Thanks!! Have you bought any bands or tickets for freshers week??
Original post by molanma
Cool!! I find literature so interesting (mind you, I've only done Spanish and Catalan lit but I enjoyed it a lot)
Forgive me for my ignorance but what languages are spoken in Luxembourg??
And you can always practice Spanish with me if you like hahaha

We've done a bit of Spanish lit too but our Spanish wasn't quite good enough to go any further...
Don't worry, it's kinda weird, we speak Luxembourgish (mother tongue) as well as German (from year 1 in school) and French (from year 2), but we learn in German the whole of primary school and the first couple of years in high school but then we switch to French :eek:

I might come back to that as I've forgotten all of my Spanish over summer :biggrin:
Original post by molanma
Thanks!! Have you bought any bands or tickets for freshers week??

No, and tbh I think they've all sold out
Reply 39
We've done a bit of Spanish lit too but our Spanish wasn't quite good enough to go any further...
Don't worry, it's kinda weird, we speak Luxembourgish (mother tongue) as well as German (from year 1 in school) and French (from year 2), but we learn in German the whole of primary school and the first couple of years in high school but then we switch to French :eek:

I might come back to that as I've forgotten all of my Spanish over summer :biggrin:

Wow i really regret not continuing with French hahah I'll probably do a language this year in the Languages for all thing at the uni, I dont know which one yet though

Quick Reply

Latest