Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ChrisN
What type of page are you seeing this on? Please could you give us a link

Original post by ChrisN
It seems to be a forum page, this one in particular:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=171

Just checking that is right?

On a web browser yeah :smile: Also, I didn't get the quote notification for this too.

EDIT: Notifications are definitely broken. I've just been quoted into somewhere else and didn't receive it.

@ChrisN
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ChrisN
I want to hear about anything that even mildly frustrates you with your use of TSR...from a tech perspective...

Anything not work how it used to? Anything tricky/irritating to use that means you post less/stay on the site less than you might?

Let's make this baby gleam :smile:
Not getting all notifs :s-smilie:
Reply 62
Original post by ChrisN
It seems to be a forum page, this one in particular:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=171

Just checking that is right?

Says no replies, when there has been
Original post by ChrisN
Please could you do a screengrab for us

Sure. update email.png
Attachment not found

Edit: It says
" Hello tangotangopapa2. We've received a notification from your email provider that you would not like to receive emails from us. As such, we will no longer email you except for important account updates (e.g. a password reset).

If you want to receive email again, just enter your present password below and then save changes. You can also change your email address if you like, and we'll get our records updated as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. "

But I have done this many times and problem persists.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tangotangopapa2
Sure. update email.png
Attachment not found

Edit: It says
" Hello tangotangopapa2. We've received a notification from your email provider that you would not like to receive emails from us. As such, we will no longer email you except for important account updates (e.g. a password reset).

If you want to receive email again, just enter your present password below and then save changes. You can also change your email address if you like, and we'll get our records updated as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. "

But I have done this many times and problem persists.

Thanks. We'll have a look into this.
Original post by FireFreezer77
1: When the notifications stop working!
3: When my posts fail to send and im not aware of it!

Original post by queen-bee
all of the first 3.

Please could you both expand on what you mean by this one. What actually happens? doesn't happen?
Actually @ChrisN…. I do have another bug for you….

When I got modded up, my latest discussions widget on the homepage stopped updating with the orange bar and became static. On my dupe, it updates so I can only assume there's a dodgy permission or something... I've mentioned it before but nobody in QA really knew what it was!

Any ideas? :tongue:
Original post by iEthan

When I got modded up, my latest discussions widget on the homepage stopped updating with the orange bar and became static. On my dupe, it updates so I can only assume there's a dodgy permission or something... I've mentioned it before but nobody in QA really knew what it was!

Mm. OK. Will check it out! No idea currently :smile:
Original post by ChrisN
Mm. OK. Will check it out! No idea currently :smile:

Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by ChrisN
Please could you both expand on what you mean by this one. What actually happens? doesn't happen?

looks like I can finally see all my notifications but sometimes,I get notifications but I don't see them on the notification bell icon. Also,how comes I'm unable to directly @ someone*
looks like I can finally see all my notifications but sometimes,I get notifications but I don't see them on the notification bell icon.

Interesting. If you are interested, I'm trying to get to the bottom of this over here should you fancy some detective work! And a £10 Amazon voucher for pinning it down
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4308626&p=67482970#post67482970

On the other issue, if you go to your account options, are you on the enhanced message editor. If so, you should be able to @ tag people fine....let me know if that works
looks like I can finally see all my notifications but sometimes,I get notifications but I don't see them on the notification bell icon. Also,how comes I'm unable to directly @ someone*

Out of interest do you think this bell issue is happening on mobile or desktop? And what browser and device type (Mac/pc/android/iPhone)
Original post by ChrisN
Out of interest do you think this bell issue is happening on mobile or desktop? And what browser and device type (Mac/pc/android/iPhone)

it's happening on my mobile device and I'm currently using safari on my iPhone*
I've used the Timetable Planner several times, only to find out that 30 minutes later it breaks!
It crashes occasionally and notifications never show up which is annoying when you have a conversation going
When posts randomly disappear.
You type the post as usual and press post. When you leave the page the post is as if it is a perfectly normal post but when you come back to it there is no post and it is not saved either. Seems to happen mostly on my GYG thread, though maybe that's because it's a thread I actually go back to regularly. Happened again the other day and it means I'm much less likely to bother typing out a post if it's just going to disappear into cyberspace.
Tagging @Captain Jack
Original post by AzidicArcturus
I've used the Timetable Planner several times, only to find out that 30 minutes later it breaks!

Original post by Lemur14
When posts randomly disappear.
You type the post as usual and press post. When you leave the page the post is as if it is a perfectly normal post but when you come back to it there is no post and it is not saved either. Seems to happen mostly on my GYG thread, though maybe that's because it's a thread I actually go back to regularly. Happened again the other day and it means I'm much less likely to bother typing out a post if it's just going to disappear into cyberspace.

Original post by iEthan

Original post by ChrisN

On a Saturday?! :eek3: Go and relax :tongue:

Thank you though. :tongue:
Reply 78
Select "Stop watching the thread"?

Or, in notifications, "Mark All Read".
Reply 79
Agreed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest