The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Are freshers wristbands worth it?

I'm undecided whether or not to get a freshers wristband as the only ones left are £36! Are there any current students who could tell me whether they are worth it or not?
Also any soon to be freshers have you bothered buying one?
Original post by ajttm123
I'm undecided whether or not to get a freshers wristband as the only ones left are £36! Are there any current students who could tell me whether they are worth it or not?

Hi @ajttm123

Speaking from my experience of Freshers 2 years ago, it depends on how much you plan on going out during Freshers' Week to work out whether it's value for money. So the Wristband Plus on offer from NTSU will get you free entry and queue jump for a number of their events across the week; Kickstart, Trentfest, Beach Party, Trent Army, Comedy Box, Hypnotist, UV Rave.

I didn't choose to purchase the Wristband Plus during my Freshers' Week, meant that I had to pay entry on the door (usually £5) and queue for the nights I chose to go to. Despite this, I still had a great time so don't worry about missing out if you don't decide to purchase one as you definitely won't be on your own.

Hope this helps,
Tim
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi @ajttm123

Speaking from my experience of Freshers 2 years ago, it depends on how much you plan on going out during Freshers' Week to work out whether it's value for money. So the Wristband Plus on offer from NTSU will get you free entry and queue jump for a number of their events across the week; Kickstart, Trentfest, Beach Party, Trent Army, Comedy Box, Hypnotist, UV Rave.

I didn't choose to purchase the Wristband Plus during my Freshers' Week, meant that I had to pay entry on the door (usually £5) and queue for the nights I chose to go to. Despite this, I still had a great time so don't worry about missing out if you don't decide to purchase one as you definitely won't be on your own.

Hope this helps,
Tim

Do all places let you pay at the door? Because the website also sells individual tickets online, and wondered if I should buy online or at the door.

Is it common for people for go every day? The weekly ticket is £50 but each individual event varies from £5-10
Original post by kingLAWZA
Do all places let you pay at the door? Because the website also sells individual tickets online, and wondered if I should buy online or at the door.

Is it common for people for go every day? The weekly ticket is £50 but each individual event varies from £5-10

Hi @kingLAWZA

I'm pretty sure all of the events will let you pay at the door. Be careful when you're buying tickets online that they are for the actual NTU Freshers' Week events and not someone trying to trick you.

There were people in my flat that went out every night - fair play if you have the stamina to party every night!

Hope this helps,
Tim

I cant decide either :s-smilie: what course are youu doing?
Reply 5
Original post by starbuck95
I cant decide either :s-smilie: what course are youu doing?

They're sold out now so I'm just gonna have to risk it aha! Criminology. You? :smile:
They're sold out now so I'm just gonna have to risk it aha! Criminology. You? :smile:

Ahh okay☺️ I'm doing vet nursing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending